Chapala.com Webboard

T.V. streaming....here!

CBGUY

Heidi and I have had Dish Network since we arrived here 20 years ago. Recently started experiencing channel losses and other things  We are trying to explore streaming but it all seems very confusing. Can you get the major networks streaming here in Mexico? Any non-technical help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Heidi & Rick

It depends on what you want to watch. I often watch HGTV and the DIY (soon to be Magnolia Network) channels without a vpn. Your speed should be at least 30 mbps to do this without buffering. However a vpn like Nord makes the experience flawless even with a download speed of 15 mbps from Telmex.

There are lots of ways to stream US network TV here. You can stream Direct TV, Sling or Youtube TV and others here; all legit services but geo locked to the US so you need a VPN. There are a lot of cheap not legit services that work very well and give you thousands of live TV stations from all over the world.

You will need either Ilox or Totalplay as an internet service provider (unless you have Telmex fiber) and a Firestick 4K and a good VPN (there are many)

I have two IPTV services that I subscribe  to. Both offer live tv, movies and other programing from all over. I am on Telmex and have a download of 13 mbps.

I do get an occasional buffering but nothing to be annoying.  Can watch all day with little or no problem.  Also have Shaw witch I will keep for awhile. 

46 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

USTVGO offers many channels accessible without a VPN.  You will need a VPN for some channels such as HBO, Starz, TNT, Turner Classic, Tennis Channel, etc

11.JPG

Yes but all channels previously required a VPN. Also note that one does not require their VPN. Many VPN's will operate those channels. I personally only use ustvgo to occasionally watch CNN or FOX. I prefer Kodi with Real Debrid for no buffering and no need for additional devices like firesticks.

4 hours ago, Halfglass said:

I have two IPTV services that I subscribe  to. Both offer live tv, movies and other programing from all over. I am on Telmex and have a download of 13 mbps.

I do get an occasional buffering but nothing to be annoying.  Can watch all day with little or no problem.  Also have Shaw witch I will keep for awhile. 

Can you name the 2 IPTV services that you subscribe to and are they free? Or do we only get half a glass here??? Hee! hee! hee!

In answer to gringohombre, there are paid subscriptions. One is called CK Hosting and it is 12.50 U.S. a month. The  other is IPTV Tune, it is 15.00 U.S. a month. 

I thought I would get rid of one after a while, but that has been several months and haven't made up my mind witch one to get rid of.