Chapala.com Webboard

Breakthrough covid vax development?

Mainecoons

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

The very first article listed shows these people are vaccinated "As U.S. Nears 800,000 Virus Deaths, 1 of Every 100 Older Americans Has Perished     - They are among the most vaccinated groups..."

2nd article states the same thing:  " 1 of every 100 Americans over 65 has died from coronavirus, CDC data shows  - That same population is also the most-vaccinated any age bracket, according to the Mayo Clinic's vaccine tracker. "

You are incorrectly linking things.     Yes, many seniors have died from Covid.    Most, before the vaccines became available.    THAT is the part you are leaving out.          Yes, there have been some illness and even death among vaccinated - not all developed the immune protection, each body is different.    But have the vaccines been overwhelmingly safe and effective?   YES is the answer and the un-vaxxed that are now clogging the health care system should be ashamed of themselves.       If they want to go in a hospital now for their Covid ignorance, they should either get vaxxed at the same time, or just stay at home.     Too many people being denied needed health care and surgeries due to these bozos.     Merry Christmas.    

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

HMMM, zat so.  Maybe you jabees are a hazard for the rest of us.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 - 7:02 pm EST

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (LifeSiteNews) – Virtually all Omicron cases in Denmark have been reported in vaccinated people, most of them “fully vaccinated,” new data from the Danish government revealed.

79 percent of Danes infected with Omicron by December 15 were fully jabbed, according to a report released Tuesday by the Statens Serum Institut (SSI), a Danish health ministry that tracks COVID-19 variants. The double-vaccinated accounted for more than 14,000 of 17,767 Omicron infections recorded in Denmark since the country’s first reported case on November 22.Those with a booster shot made up another 10.6 percent of cases of the new variant, and people with one jab were an additional 1.8 percent. The unvaccinated – around one-fifth of the Danish population – were just 8.5 percent of Omicron infections.

Screen-Shot-2021-12-21-at-9.56.00-PM.png Statens Serum Institut

Vaccinated people also dominated cases of other COVID-19 strains. More than three-quarters of Danes who came down with Delta or another variant besides Omicron between November 22 and December 15 had at least one shot, according to the SSI data, and 73 percent were fully jabbed or boosted.

In Denmark, 77.6 percent of the population was “fully vaccinated” as of Sunday, including 35 percent of residents who have had a third dose since the Scandinavian country began rolling out boosters for the general public last month.

Stunning numbers from Denmark:

56% double vaccinated are catching 65% of “other variants” & 79% of Omicron

Most vulnerable group to Omicron BY FAR

25% boosted still catch 10% of Omicron cases, while unvaccinated catch 8.5%

This is worse than vaccine failure. This is damage. pic.twitter.com/ckEXv3iff3

— William Makis MD (@MakisMD) December 20, 2021

Denmark currently has one of the top infection rates in the world and the second highest Omicron rate in Europe, behind the U.K., which has similar vaccination levels and an even higher booster rate.

Since arriving in Denmark in late November, Omicron has spread rapidly through the vaccinated, with infections doubling every few days.

The result has been an unprecedented case surge, far outpacing last winter – before the vaccination drive began – when daily cases peaked at around 5,000. Denmark blew past that record this month, reporting 13,000 new infections on Tuesday, with a seven-day average of nearly 10,000.

Daily infections are expected to reach 27,000 within days and continue climbing into January. Health minister Magnus Heunicke confirmed Tuesday that Omicron is now Denmark’s dominant strain.

Danish government researchers have acknowledged that vaccination offers effectively no protection against catching Omicron, and some analyses indicate that it actually heightens the risk of contracting the variant. Experts have also warned that a sharp rise in breakthrough cases could point to “original antigenic sin,” which occurs when vaccination causes an inability to mount an effective immune reaction to a variant of a virus, resulting in worse health outcomes for the vaccinated.
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Here we go again:

• In general, all stories on LifeNews.com favor a far-right Christian perspective and routinely denigrate liberal ideology. A factual search several failed fact checks. LifeNews has also been accused of fabricating news. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, PBS all refused to cover abortionists who kept 2,246 aborted babies.
mediabiasfactcheck.com/life-news/
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Obviously the higher the vaccination rate, the higher the number of breakthrough infections there would be among the vaccinated, but obviously you aren't capable of that logical, apparent conclusion.

If 100% of the population is vaccinated, of course infections would show that 100% of cases were among the vaccinated. 

Duh.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The unvaxed should not be allowed in hospitals.  Period.  

Agreed but we need to add to the list others who made poor choices

Obese people because they chose to over eat.

Type 2 diabetics  because they chose a poor diet. 

Possibly heart patients if they chose a diet with high cholesterol.

Possibly those over 80 because of limited life expectancy.

Anyone who had Covid before because they survived it the first time.

Let's add those who used poor judgement and caused an injury or accident. Why treat them? 

The list goes on......

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The unvaxed should not be allowed in hospitals.  Period.  

I agree.  Being around the jabbed is dangerous for us and hospitals have done an outstanding job, particularly NOB, of killing their patients by not using proven early treatments.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Wed Dec 22, 2021 - 7:02 pm EST

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (LifeSiteNews) – Virtually all Omicron cases in Denmark have been reported in vaccinated people, most of them “fully vaccinated,” new data from the Danish government revealed.

79 percent of Danes infected with Omicron by December 15 were fully jabbed, according to a report released Tuesday by the Statens Serum Institut (SSI), a Danish health ministry that tracks COVID-19 variants. The double-vaccinated accounted for more than 14,000 of 17,767 Omicron infections recorded in Denmark since the country’s first reported case on November 22.Those with a booster shot made up another 10.6 percent of cases of the new variant, and people with one jab were an additional 1.8 percent. The unvaccinated – around one-fifth of the Danish population – were just 8.5 percent of Omicron infections.

Screen-Shot-2021-12-21-at-9.56.00-PM.png Statens Serum Institut

Vaccinated people also dominated cases of other COVID-19 strains. More than three-quarters of Danes who came down with Delta or another variant besides Omicron between November 22 and December 15 had at least one shot, according to the SSI data, and 73 percent were fully jabbed or boosted.

In Denmark, 77.6 percent of the population was “fully vaccinated” as of Sunday, including 35 percent of residents who have had a third dose since the Scandinavian country began rolling out boosters for the general public last month.

Stunning numbers from Denmark:

56% double vaccinated are catching 65% of “other variants” & 79% of Omicron

Most vulnerable group to Omicron BY FAR

25% boosted still catch 10% of Omicron cases, while unvaccinated catch 8.5%

This is worse than vaccine failure. This is damage. pic.twitter.com/ckEXv3iff3

— William Makis MD (@MakisMD) December 20, 2021

Denmark currently has one of the top infection rates in the world and the second highest Omicron rate in Europe, behind the U.K., which has similar vaccination levels and an even higher booster rate.

Since arriving in Denmark in late November, Omicron has spread rapidly through the vaccinated, with infections doubling every few days.

The result has been an unprecedented case surge, far outpacing last winter – before the vaccination drive began – when daily cases peaked at around 5,000. Denmark blew past that record this month, reporting 13,000 new infections on Tuesday, with a seven-day average of nearly 10,000.

Daily infections are expected to reach 27,000 within days and continue climbing into January. Health minister Magnus Heunicke confirmed Tuesday that Omicron is now Denmark’s dominant strain.

Danish government researchers have acknowledged that vaccination offers effectively no protection against catching Omicron, and some analyses indicate that it actually heightens the risk of contracting the variant. Experts have also warned that a sharp rise in breakthrough cases could point to “original antigenic sin,” which occurs when vaccination causes an inability to mount an effective immune reaction to a variant of a virus, resulting in worse health outcomes for the vaccinated.

Infection only? No hospitalizations. No deaths. In otherwords vaccinations work very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Let's add those who used poor judgement and caused an injury or accident. Why treat them? 

The list goes on......

All these folks can continue to enter hospitals, AS LONG AS THEY ARE VACCINATED.  Right now many surgeries and treatments such as chemo are being DELAYED thanks to the hospitals being full of UNvaxed.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2021-covid-surge-shows-overwhelming-cost-of-being-unvaccinated-america/

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Your "source" is a whack job site and this fact is well established, no one should give it any credence.   And you should resign as a moderator of this board IMHO.

LifeSiteNews - Wikipedia

LifeSiteNews (or simply LifeSite) is a Canadian Catholic far-right anti-abortion advocacy website and news publication. LifeSiteNews has published misleading information and conspiracy theories, and in 2021, was banned from some social media platforms for spreading COVID-19 misinformation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Well I disagree that MC, because he is a Moderator, should not be able to Post under his name. BUT we all should continue to note that most of his Posts are far right and often use discreditied sources. And are anti-scientist, anti-government, anti vax and pretty much anti everything.

Take it for what it is worth.... which to me is NOT MUCH!.... call him out if you wish because THAT is your right. Otherwise a long time ago I quit putting any credibility into his Posts.  YMMV

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I agree.  Being around the jabbed is dangerous for us and hospitals have done an outstanding job, particularly NOB, of killing their patients by not using proven early treatments.

Oh, I wish I had some emoticons left to give you! I love that if certain folks agree with a posting, it's fair media and if they disagree, it's "right-wing" whatever -- ignoring those who sit in the middle, sometimes heavy left, sometimes heavy right. I wonder how many of those over 65 were actually suffering from other diseases/conditions and the 'Rona was that final straw (like several of my sister's in-law relatives)? Nope, that doesn't match the script that's already been written.

(Edited to add this) And to those that think the unvax should not be admitted into hospitals, REALLY? Since when do you become the arbiter of who is "worthy" of treatment and who is not? This alone frightens the hell out of me.

I really wish the mod would close down these postings. We've beaten it to death and nothing changes. Give info of where shots are available; give info about whether or not kids are back in school or what the latest regulations are, but shut this down when it becomes personal. And for some, it always becomes personal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just got back from a great Christmas eve dinner, in West Ajijic attended by 6 of us where even a 7 year old was tri-lingual. German, Mexican Spanish, and American English. We all had a great time. Please folks, this is Christmas Eve. I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I choose not to make negative comments on what I just read above.

Again let us all have a great Christmas weekend both in person and here where one can post.

I say again MAY YOU ALL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The list goes on......

Define unvaxxed ? well in this climate; one could be could be defined as the unvaxxed simply by getting behind on your next jab and the following boosters-- or getting covid within two weeks of your last shot ---"the games people play"---what a trap--

9 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Nature has a way of weeding out the weak, the infirm, the ignorant and clueless. Those living in fear or who are just cautious seem to survive and thrive. 

as for me it is not so much as fear but keeping an eye out for the gov't--As Pres. Regan said--when the gov't comes a knockin "I'm hear to help you"---run like hell!--As The Chinese great military stratigist Sun Su wrote, " keep your friends close and your enemies closer ".