Chapala.com Webboard

How much are you giving to the basuleros for season gift?

bdmowers

1 hour ago, cedros said:

It isn't my fault. Maybe the workers can force collection to work better-like servicing their vehicles so there won't be so many breakdowns. Why tip for bad service? I have paid a lot of taxes in Mexico-I should get some basice servives for that

I can assure you the basuereros have no say so in any of that.  What they do have is a dirty, dangerous and very strenuous job.  For peanuts in pay.  I'm happy to tip them at Christmas time and we get great service.

Most of your tax dollars here are wasted or stolen.  That's why despite taxes and water charges rising far faster than inflation the services have gone downhill in the last 10 years.  Unfortunately this municipio would never qualify as a role model for anything other than theft and incompetence.

Leave the trash guys  out, your choice, but your reasons stated here for doing so aren't valid.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We tip throughout the year in our little coto.  We gave them all 500 pesos for the Christmas bonus.  The job they do is not one anybody would aspire to do...just one they end up having to do.  MC is correct...excuses are invalid.  Everybody gives what they can and if you can but choose not to then you are the definition of cheap.  Yes, we all pay taxes.  Our property taxes are about six dollars (US) per month.  And they have gone up a little over the years.  Imagine what that should pay for in public services.  I'm not advocating a big increase in property taxes or fees because, unfortunately, if taxes went up 500% the only thing that would probably change is that more people would run for local political office since the trough would be bigger...if you get my drift.

Alan

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I can assure you the basuereros have no say so in any of that.  What they do have is a dirty, dangerous and very strenuous job.  For peanuts in pay.  I'm happy to tip them at Christmas time and we get great service.

Most of your tax dollars here are wasted or stolen.  That's why despite taxes and water charges rising far faster than inflation the services have gone downhill in the last 10 years.  Unfortunately this municipio would never qualify as a role model for anything other than theft and incompetence.

Leave the trash guys  out, your choice, but your reasons stated here for doing so aren't valid.  

Maybe it depends on where you live. I live in the Raquet Club and have lived in Las Fuentes The  basuereros cerrtainly have a say in when and where they go. Sometimes they will do my street and not the adjacent one and sometimes the reverse. Sometimes they will take plant material and other times only household garbage-they don't follow the agreed upon schedule. Over the years I have paid hundreds of thousands in taxes and sevice only gets worse. They certainly don't follow the prescribed schedule. Piles of garbage can sit for weeks or months. Why tip for poor service? That only encourages bad srvice. The truck driver seems to decide how good service is.

17 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Seriously?

Yes, very seriouly. What rock have you been hiding under? Over the years I have bought 4 cars and two houses in Mexico. The last car I bought last year I paid 48,620 pesos in taxes (iVA). Almost everytime you buy something or use a service you pay 16% in taxes.

11 minutes ago, cedros said:

Yes, very seriouly. What rock have you been hiding under? Over the years I have bought 4 cars and two houses in Mexico. The last car I bought last year I paid 48,620 pesos in taxes (iVA). Almost everytime you buy something or use a service you pay 16% in taxes.

But those taxes don't go to local trash pickup.  Mostly it's real estate taxes that are earmarked for trash service which are very low here. 

If your beef is with the trash program, have you gone to your local Delegación?  I have found the Ajijic Delegación to be helpful in these sort of issues.   It is important that you bring them a written complaint, not just a verbal discussion.  

3 hours ago, cedros said:

Maybe it depends on where you live. I live in the Raquet Club

The RC homepage says this; sounds like they pick up your trash out of your HOA fees.....you should complain to them I guess. 

The Raquet Club truck picks up garbage that is put out at the curb in plastic bags on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. On Thursdays garden refuse is picked up and should also have a green tie on the bag.  In some areas the truck arrives shortly after 8:00 a.m. to pick up while in others, the truck might not arrive until 11:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. However, the objective is to get our garbage out on the curb before 8:00 a.m., so make sure your garbage is available for early pick-up. 

13 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

The RC homepage says this; sounds like they pick up your trash out of your HOA fees.....you should complain to them I guess. 

The Raquet Club truck picks up garbage that is put out at the curb in plastic bags on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. On Thursdays garden refuse is picked up and should also have a green tie on the bag.  In some areas the truck arrives shortly after 8:00 a.m. to pick up while in others, the truck might not arrive until 11:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. However, the objective is to get our garbage out on the curb before 8:00 a.m., so make sure your garbage is available for early pick-up. 

That RC news is only a suggeation.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

But those taxes don't go to local trash pickup.  Mostly it's real estate taxes that are earmarked for trash service which are very low here. 

If your beef is with the trash program, have you gone to your local Delegación?  I have found the Ajijic Delegación to be helpful in these sort of issues.   It is important that you bring them a written complaint, not just a verbal discussion.  

Taxes are taxes. The muinicipapities get the majority of their  funding from senior governments, which comes from taxes.

Just now, Bisbee Gal said:

If your HOA fees cover your trash pickup, then your beef is with them, not the municipio.  

Trash is picked up by the municipality in both Las Fuentes and the RC