Chapala.com Webboard

The color of money

ea93105

Went to Walmart. Bill was 630 pesos so I pulled out a blue 500 and a green 200 and started putting items in my bag waiting for 70 pesos back.......except it wasn't a 500, it was a blue 1000 bill and the lady alerted me to my mistake. Nice ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the bills in the US are basically the same color as well as the same size.  You just need to pay attention here and get used to the new designs.  I like the variety with different colors, some vertical and some horizontal,  different lengths for different denominations, etc.  The big problem with the 1,000 peso bill is that they are putting them in the ATM's and since fewer folks can currently change even a 500, I guess we will all be lined up to get change at banks.

Alan

4 hours ago, barrbower said:

All the bills in the US are basically the same color as well as the same size.  You just need to pay attention here and get used to the new designs.  I like the variety with different colors, some vertical and some horizontal,  different lengths for different denominations, etc.  The big problem with the 1,000 peso bill is that they are putting them in the ATM's and since fewer folks can currently change even a 500, I guess we will all be lined up to get change at banks.

Alan

People in general don't like big bills from the ATM because it means inflation--That's why Americans hate the two dollar bill--" inflation".--Years past in the states, fifties were dispensed---That stopped real quick---It scared me too----HA

When the new 500 peso bill came out, I used it and some change to pay a bill. The vendor kept looking at me and repeating the price. I kept looking back like, "What?" Finally, he looked a little more closely and realized his mistake. Whatever the Treasury folks are smoking, it's STRONG. Here we go again...

• Haha 2