Chapala.com Webboard

Wise.com (formerly Transfer Wise) transfer question

InChapala1

I'm looking to use Wise.com (formerly Transfer Wise) for the 1st time to move funds from U.S. to a bank acct here. Only local bank info Wise.com is asking for is the CLABE. Is that sufficient? No SWIFT code or other local bank info. needed? This would imply the CLABE has the bank code, branch, etc. embedded in the 18-digits, correct?

12 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

I'm looking to use Wise.com (formerly Transfer Wise) for the 1st time to move funds from U.S. to a bank acct here. Only local bank info Wise.com is asking for is the CLABE. Is that sufficient? No SWIFT code or other local bank info. needed? This would imply the CLABE has the bank code, branch, etc. embedded in the 18-digits, correct?

I looked into using them but when I looked at the reviews on line they were not good at all.  Suggest you check closely before using.

• Thanks 1

When I first used Transferwise (Wise) I made a mistake so I called them and they cancelled the transaction.  The CSR stayed on the phone with me and told me he thought the rate would favor me if I waited a few more minutes.  He was right, I waited a few minutes and the rate moved in my favor so I entered a new transaction.  Last week we moved 4500 USD at 10 in the morning (ACH) and it hit Bancomer the same day.  That was the fastest transaction to date with Wise.  So far so good, changitos (fingers crossed).

58 minutes ago, Steve Lanni said:

I would also check out ofx.com

I've only used it once but I found the rates better and would use it going forward too.

I've been using OFX (formerly Forex) for years now. They have good rates and don't charge anything if you move more than a certain amount. From what I've read on this thread, it's not as fast as Wise, but that's okay for me.  It usually takes about a week.