Chapala.com Webboard

Keto options

Nessa

Here is what Bing said. Trouble is I am still confused

"Ketosis is a metabolic state characterized by elevated levels of ketone bodies in the blood or urine. Physiologic ketosis is a normal response to low glucose availability, such as low-carbohydrate diets or fasting, that provides an additional energy source for the brain in the form of ketones. In physiologic ketosis, ketones in the blood are elevated above baseline levels,......" 

Keto diet is low in carbohydrates and high in fat and protein. 

I have some health issues and I can't eat sugar or carbohydrates in general. 

Usually they use almond flour instead of regular flour for baked goods and stevia plant and monk fruit as a natural sweetener that doesn't contain regular sugar.

There's lot of restaurants in Guadalajara and big cities that offer those options but I was surprised there was none here despite so many restaurants per capita.

I, and probably many others, thank you for using the whole word. The use of abbreviations and acronyms is not recommended, especially in another country or culture, as you can imagine. They just make no sense to many.  For example: I once served as an LMO.

• Like 1

I have seen couliflower rice at Superlake and once at Walmart.  México is the land of meat.  Just don't eat the tortillas.  They do sell the low carb green cactus tostadas at Gourmet Garage.  When we were doing keto we bought a lot of those and ate a lot of cheap avocados.  Meat, eggs, bacon is cheap and plentiful around here.  We even ordered monk fruit off Amazon.  Not cheap but worth it.  We also ate lots if greens like kale, swiss chard and spinach.  Which are all very easy to grow in your back yard.

23 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

I have seen couliflower rice at Superlake and once at Walmart.  México is the land of meat.  Just don't eat the tortillas.  They do sell the low carb green cactus tostadas at Gourmet Garage.  When we were doing keto we bought a lot of those and ate a lot of cheap avocados.  Meat, eggs, bacon is cheap and plentiful around here.  We even ordered monk fruit off Amazon.  Not cheap but worth it.  We also ate lots if greens like kale, swiss chard and spinach.  Which are all very easy to grow in your back yard.

Thank you for your reply. We have no issues with the homemade food but I am really craving a desert and I suck at baking.  

• Like 1