Chapala.com Webboard

Fall Detection Devices

Jeanneboo1

Can anyone tell me if fall detection emergency devices are available and work in Mexico?  If so, which one works the best?  I don't want something that is used at home and has equipment there.  I need something that will locate me wherever I am and notify family and emergency services that I can't get up and am hurt.  The Apple watch seems big in the US, but does it work in Mexico and is it reliable?  Thanks for the help.

The Apple Watch 7 with cellular capability will send emails to your emergency contacts if you fall and don't move for a predetermined time. It should work in Mexico as long as you have a Mexican cell phone account. The only drawback is that it needs to be recharged every day; Apple suggests overnight charging but a lot of falls are at night. 

I don't have an Apple watch but I have been looking into it.

• Thanks 2

Certain smartphones can also provide a feature to monitor your “walking steadiness”, not to notify others but to alert yourself that your balance, stability, gait, and coordination may be putting you at risk for falling down.  

https://screenrant.com/apple-iphone-walking-steadiness-feature-ios-15/