Chapala.com Webboard

COVID-19 Test

ChadOlsen

3 hours ago, ChadOlsen said:

Where can one go for a covid test 24 hours before arriving in the USA?

I know that this is a technicality but.... it is not 24 hours before your flight but rather 'the day preceding your flight'. Could make a difference depending on your flight time. 

And be aware that not all places are open on Sunday IF you happen to be flying out on a Monday....

@Oatsie  Here is link to online appointment for test at Walmart.  When I entered my codigo postal (zip code) the store popped up and when I went to tab for Sunday it showed appts. available as early as 10am. 

Edit: I checked this coming Sunday, 12/12 and 10am is earliest available for this particular day.  As @jrodstated, they do start taking appts. as early as 9:10am--which I confirmed by looking at availability for Sunday 12/19.  

https://intl-cvx-scheduler.wal-mart.com.mx/

1 hour ago, Oatsie said:

A sign on the Walmart tent testing centre says they are open on Sundays.  I didn't confirm this and also don't know the time(s) they are open.

Perhaps someone can confirm the opening and times......

They indeed are open on Sundays; available appts are from 9:10 am until 5:40 pm, one appt every 10 minutes. That said, my (exhaustive) personal experience is that they regularly are not ready to start testing at 9:10, although if you have an appt for that time you will be the first test taken--and ahead of any walk-ins. Note that the 5:40 pm appt will not get you results until the next day--they close at that time, meaning that if they have a slew of results to process, those will delay. AND...before you leave, have the input person confirm every little letter and number on your form with you to, hopefully, diminish the need to return for a correction.  

The young man this past Sunday said he "believes" they will be closed both Christmas and New Years days, despite the online scheduler permitting me to make appts on those days for travelers returning Dec 26 and Jan 2; the option is the airport.

38 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@Oatsie  Here is link to online appointment for test at Walmart.  When I entered my codigo postal (zip code) the store popped up and when I went to tab for Sunday it showed appts. available as early as 10am. 

Edit: I checked this coming Sunday, 12/12 and 10am is earliest available for this particular day.  As @jrodstated, they do start taking appts. as early as 9:10am--which I confirmed by looking at availability for Sunday 12/19.  

https://intl-cvx-scheduler.wal-mart.com.mx/

Muchas gracias.....  Were booked for our tests on the Sunday, "the day before" we fly to the USA - on the way to Canada.

24 minutes ago, Oatsie said:

Leaving nothing to chance......  Can I presume that the Walmart Antigen test results are available in hard copy AND by email?

Also in English ? ? ? ?

Can't speak for Walmart, but for entry into US the test results can be in Spanish, maybe other languages as well.   We've entered with Spanish language test results 7 or 8 times on 3 different airlines, never an issue.  All were US carriers, btw. 

The lady in the tent said we didn’t need an appointment. Went a day or so ahead and got my form. Name as on passport. Birthdate. Date of birth and email to be completed. No yahoo or Hotmail accepted. Since we had our completed forms we were taken in while others were filling out their forms. You MUST have your passport with you for them to verify info on form correct  A copy won’t due we had our results by email within 30 minutes  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oatsie said:

Leaving nothing to chance......  Can I presume that the Walmart Antigen test results are available in hard copy AND by email?

Also in English ? ? ? ?

The Jack Nathan Health Covid-19 test results (from the tent in the Walmart parking lot) show both in Spanish and, in smaller font, in English; I've used them for multiple airline departures to the US. You get results sent to your email (yahoo nor hotmail are accepted, BTW) and, of course, one may download and print and/or upload to the airline's Covid pre-departure site. The pre-approved negative Covid test result, along with the CDC attestation and your confirmation of no-contact allow you to speed through the airline's check-in process; in fact, American Airlines has a check-in desk for its VeriFLY passengers to sail through the process if they've completed them all online before checking in. And have your Mexican attestation completed (no earlier than 12 hrs before flight time from https://www.vuelaseguro.com/login) and loaded either/and on your smart phone or printed to show to the agent prior to the boarding/security area. (I find the printed paper form easiest to manage, as my ticket is on my phone and I don't have to toggle between them.)

Just a side note about all this testing.  My wife her sister and I were tested prior to returning to the US of A about three weeks ago ar Soriana.  Not a soul asked for it either in Mexico or the U.S.  I’m not telling anyone not to get tested but sure was a waste of time and money as well as disappointing.  So much for government giving a s…..

5 hours ago, elpind said:

Just a side note about all this testing.  My wife her sister and I were tested prior to returning to the US of A about three weeks ago ar Soriana.  Not a soul asked for it either in Mexico or the U.S.  I’m not telling anyone not to get tested but sure was a waste of time and money as well as disappointing.  So much for government giving a s…..

It's solely the airline's responsibility to confirm your test results before issuing you a boarding pass for your flight to US.   

We've flown 8 times to US since the test was required; every single time we were asked for the test results.