Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Wisteria. Checked several viveros recently no luck.

elevator

The Mexican equivalent does grow well. Just wish I could remember what it's called. It looks like wisteria flowers but they are slightly smaller in size and they dry nicely on the vine. Sort of looks like dried hydrangea blooms when dried but sized slightly smaller than the wisteria.

39 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The Mexican equivalent does grow well. Just wish I could remember what it's called. It looks like wisteria flowers but they are slightly smaller in size and they dry nicely on the vine. Sort of looks like dried hydrangea blooms when dried but sized slightly smaller than the wisteria.

Queens wreath with sand paper like leaves.

"Queen's wreath (Petrea volubilis) is a stunning tropical vine that resembles wisteria with its drooping lavender flowers. You may know this vine by one of its other common names: Petrea, purple wreath, or sandpaper vine.

I grew both Wisteria and Queen's Wreath in my gardens. But one garden was in British Columbia and the other in Jalisco. They look similar from a distance  but Wisteria is in the Legume family and Queen's Wreath is in the Buckwheat family

8 minutes ago, bmh said:

It grows well in France and is really invasive there.. so there is no perfect world.. 

It grows well in southern Canada.