Chapala.com Webboard

I bought a car with Mexico City plates. Can I go to Chapala and get Jalsico plates to replace.

elevator

According to Luis at Spencer's office, out of state vehicles must first go through emissions testing before the process of changing plates to Jalisco. I'm currently going through this process myself and just getting the emissions test is a PIA, but I have a diesel which apparently can only be tested at one facility. I contacted Luis months ago and the whole process is sloooow.

HHmmmmm.... we bought a Quintana Roo plated car in Dec 2019 from Rafa (Riberas).  It had to be taken to a special location in the city (he arranged all) to have it FULLY checked out.... apparently every single part with a VIN number in the entire car.(stolen parts? etc).....and appointments were hard to get (took about 5 weeks). This is nothing to do with emission testing. Car had to be there at an ungodly hour in the a.m. and was there most of the day. Cost MUCH more than we had planned. Once it passed inspection, only then were we able to register it.

So you'd best go the recaudadora in Chapala right away and check so you know what you're facing.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, Mostlylost said:

What agency did the inspection in Chapala? There were only 2 inspection locations in Guadalajara. I have only used the one in Tonala for my Jalisco plates.

Several years ago their was a taller on Calle Zaragoza here in Chapala that was licensed to do emissions testing.  We used them for a couple of years but alas they are no longer there.

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Several years ago their was a taller on Calle Zaragoza here in Chapala that was licensed to do emissions testing.  We used them for a couple of years but alas they are no longer there.

I don't think that he will be doing it again as it was a political appointment.