Chapala.com Webboard

Kids in primary back to virtual learning in January

HoneyBee

3 hours ago, Tingting said:

So, could you please explain to me why my sister's sister-in-law, fully vaccinated, etc, is taking up a bed? Or her vax brother-in-law who took up a bed AND DIED?

I don't know if you are being willfully dense, or simply unable to grasp the issue.

No one has said one can't contract Covid if they are vaccinated, nor that they should be denied a hospital bed if they require it.

But the statistics show that the unvaccinated are the vast majority of hospitalized Covid cases. They are the ones causing the ICUs to be overloaded.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

And they are getting boosters and still getting ill. My point was not to be "willfully dense" or to insult others whom I disagree with (ring a bell?), but simply trying to make the point that this is new territory that we're in...every day Fauci changes his tune and every day we're told something new. Meanwhile, both vax and unvax are in the hospitals and will continue to be so. It's not your place, nor mine, to make judgments about them. Yes, the vax reduces the chances of becoming ill, but it appears so does maintaining your weight (and who knows what else?). Can you look in a mirror and not pinch an inch? If you get hospitalized with COVID, not because you weren't vaxxed but because you're morbidly obese, does that make you fair game? So, if not blindly obeying those who seem to be blind themselves makes me dense, well, DUH!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tingting said:

Meanwhile, both vax and unvax are in the hospitals 

There is a very low percentage of vaccinated people hospitalized for Covid, compared to unvaccinated. According to reports from the CDC and other countries around the world, between 86-95% of covid hospitalized patients are unvaccinated, which is needlessly  costing the health care systems billions of dollars.

You are insistent on portraying a false picture of the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not portraying any picture of the issue, you are. I am stating my opinion, observations, etc. You are insistent on insulting and pushing a view that you want to cram down others' throats. I chose to observe before jumping. Unlike you, I don't believe it's my place to tell others what to do. This is all I have to say on it as you will no more convince me of the "righteousness" of your views than I will you. If you're right, you have my permission to dance on my cremains. If you're wrong, life goes on. Either way, it's not for you to tell others what they should and should not do. Don't agree? Then avoid them (me). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Tingting, when deciding what to do, I did exactly as you recommended and checked with several very knowledgeable persons whom I highly respect; my two family Doctors (One here lakeside and the other in Seattle).  And guess what they both recommended? They both highly recommended that I get my vaccine shots ASAP, which of course I did.

I will be getting my booster shot later this month. Sadly, for health reasons there are a few who are better off not getting these vaccine shots.  And just as sadly, there are some who have found a faith healer or two or three who don't believe in these shots for anyone and are recommending that their followers not get these vaccine shots.

Sadly those without their vaccine shots are much more likely to be more adversely effected should they catch the virus and could be so badly effected that they could die. 

So, please folks. Follow the advice of your doctors and get vaccinated if possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tingting said:

If you're right, you have my permission to dance on my cremains. 

If I'm right about what? The number of unvaccinated requiring hospitalization compared to the number of vaccinated isn't a matter of opinion or or being "right". It's called a fact. Guess you don't acknowledge the difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dichosalocura said:

Its only a fact if you trust goverment sources and the media.  Not everyone believes everything they read or hear.

Above all of what I have read on the subject, I trust my two family Doctors.  And they both highly recommended that I get my vaccine shots,  Pfizer, in my case.

Mudgirl and Ferret love to reduce everybody that thinks independently as crazy conspiracy theorist followers.  I could never quite get on the Trump train just like I can't bring myself to get on the QAnon train either, they are way are too polarizing and crazy for my likes.  I have always been a life long democrat, but I know when something don't smell quite right.  The only thing I smell in this scenario is money lots of money is being made by Big Pharma.  If that is a conspiracy theory, oh well, I guess you got me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Then I am sure Big Pharma loves you and will always have your best interests in consideration.

You understand that I did not have to pay for these vaccine shots. At least we don't have to do so up north and I understand in many other countries these shots are free as well.

Of course lots of money is being made by big Pharma. No one is defending the greed of big corporations. Big pharma makes obscene amounts of money on heart medications, high blood pressure medications, and every other pharmaceutical they produce. 

But that doesn't mean that doctors, nurses, hospitals, the world's leading medical researchers and scientists, all the world's govts. all the world's health organizations, and all unbiased media are in on some giant conspiracy to needlessly try to get everyone vaccinated for a contagious disease that has killed over 5 million people in less than 2 years.

To believe that, is ludicrous.

• Like 1

It is possible there are more non-vaccinated taking up hospital space. At one point in Israel it was opposite. Stats are pretty rapid fire and biased of late. The scenario which bothers me is people thinking they are better than others because they are vaccinated. They can automatically tell that the non-vaccinated are 'usually' those non-mask wearing dirty-handed, stranger kissing types.

There is a new study claiming that mRNA vaccinations do limit the spread. I'll read it. My understanding of how the mRNA vaccines work is to limit illness, not infection. Many in Mexico received the Chinese vaccines which work differently, more like the polio vaccine. 

• Like 2

This is data from New York about vaccinated versus unvaccinated.  COVID-19 Breakthrough Data | Department of Health (ny.gov)

This is about the evolving virus... Beyond Omicron: what’s next for COVID’s viral evolution (nature.com)

Nobody knows how this battle is going to end. But, I will take every step possible to avoid receiving and/or passing on this virus. That includes vaccination, social distancing, wearing a mask and disinfection. You're welcome.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, HoneyBee said:

Happy your granddaughters in Canada have done fine with online education. Pretty sure Canada has the financial resources to support this unlike Mexico where many kids where simply handed over to grandparents to that the parents could provide working various jobs. Read Maincoons post above about rising poverty.

You can catch up on education.   But not if you're dead or suffering from bad long Covid.

• Like 1

I find it amusing when the anti-vaxer, anti-masker crowd accuse those who are trying to act responsibly to contain a deadly virus of being "superior", "telling others what they should do", and being "righteous".

You don't read any reports or see any videos of those who advocate being vaccinated and wearing masks punching people in the face, purposely coughing on them, throwing fits, screaming insults and profanities, etc., because they hold an opposing view. It's the anti-vaxer, anti-maskers who do that- try to force themselves and their stance, often quite violently, on others.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Virgo lady, seriously?  You are following the news aren't you?  You do know that it is extremely rare for school age children to get really sick with covid don't you?  Infected maybe but sick really sick very rare.   

Oh, and do children go home to apartments they live in by themselves? Are their teachers also children? Are their school bus drivers children? Do you not understand contagion? Do you think when a child has Covid, they can't infect adults? Do you think children get some special type of Covid that isn't  contagious to Grandma? Can you follow a thought through to its logical conclusion? 

• Like 1

Mudgirl, you must live in a socially distanced bubble.  We have 2 years or more living with this mild pandemic.  Yes, school aged kids can get infected and bring it home to their folks.  But if their parents are working, shopping for groceries, going to the bank or even stopping by McDonalds.  After 2 years they are bound to of come in contact with this extremely and highly contagious virus.  And if not they soon will be, right?  Since it is so highly contagious and dangerous, right?  We are well past the days when this virus could of been contained by wearing some dirty cloth face masks.  Covid is going to run its course whether you approve or like it or not.  It will continue to mutate like all viruses.  Hopefully more mild mutations like Omicron will be the future of this over exaggerated pandemic.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

Hopefully more mild mutations like Omicron will be the future of this over exaggerated pandemic.  

Ask the families of the over 5 million dead, those on ventilators struggling for their lives, and those suffering from long covid and damaged organs if it's an over-exaggerated pandemic.

Working, shopping for groceries and going to the bank, when wearing a proper mask, being vaccinated, and not getting too close to strangers is nothing like the exposure from living in the same household with an infected person.

The vast majority of Covid infections happen by sharing indoor space and close encounters with unmasked, or improperly masked people.

It's not me who's living in a bubble of denial and non-understanding.

Every time someone points out the fallacy of Covid deniers' statements, you just move on to some new pointless argument. 

• Like 1

Mudgirl history remembers that the media is not always honest or truthful.  You can choose to believe the 5 million dead theory just like you probably believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.  And I will think objectively and not be so quick to believe the media or government sources.  According to government sources in Chapala around 95 people have died from Covid.  I speak fluent Spanish and I am in the street daily.  For a small pueblito where everybody knows all the small town gossip.  I am beyond shocked that very few people know who these 95 poor souls are.  And when they know someone they are quick to say that health authorities offered to pay the family money so they can register the deceased as a covid mortality.  Then they are quick to say to that Grandma really had diabetes or died from a heart attack.  I am not not making this stuff up.  Even I find it hard to believe but I have heard it so many times from so many different people.  But very few people know who these 95 covid casualties are.  But keep believing the media and the government but for me I will always keep an open mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mild? Overexaggerated? What alien bubble do you live in Dichoslocura? Dirty cloth face masks? Don't you realize they have to be washed after one wearing? I have twelve that are in constant rotation.  

And every government and media outlet IN THE WORLD is delivering fake news? I think your horizons need widening.

COVID Live Update: 268,740,519 Cases and 5,302,964 Deaths from the Coronavirus - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

260812242_256730983187672_7108049862507428943_n.jpg.0167ac58c208617f9097bd46e643bdb7.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

But keep believing the media and the government but for me I will always keep an open mind.

How precious that you consider keeping an open mind to be drawing conclusions from what people on the street in your small town have to say rather than listening to what the world's leading authorities on infectious diseases have to say. 

And why you keep harping on governments and the media, as if that's where people who take this disease seriously get all their information, is quite uninformed.