Chapala.com Webboard

Kids in primary back to virtual learning in January

HoneyBee

My neighbor just informed me that her young son which is attending primary in Chapala will be going back to virtual classes starting January. This simply no longer makes sense. These kids are having their social and educational needs simply ignored. Glad I am old and will not have to deal with the outfall of stupid government decisions. (also, we still have I think 14 Greek alphabet letters available, after that I guess we can use the old lotus 123 system to name all the variants still to come). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I have littke kids in school in Chapala.  The secretary of Education for Jalisco decided to do 2 weeks of virtual classes and then they should head back to the classrooms.  It is because of the amount of traveling that many families do at Christmas and because of the new "weaker" Omicron variant.  Still Honeybee I agree it is useless and rediculous.  Why aren't most news articles focusing on the milder and lighter symptoms people are experiencing with this new mutation?  Because their agenda has always been to sow as much fear as possible and to sell as many vaccines as possible for Big Pharma.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Because their agenda has always been to sow as much fear as possible and to sell as many vaccines as possible for Big Pharma.

Never mind the over 5,200,000 people who have died of coronavirus in less than 2 years, eh?

And you know why the virus is still around? Because of people like you who spread and believe absurd conspiracy theories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, bmh said:

Why would anyone object to a 2 weeks delay to cut back on contamination after a holiday is beyond me but then some people love to complain. 

Well I do not have school age children, but for parents, I believe its getting difficult to juggle kids at home with their work obligations. (and am not just talking about Mexico).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Very sorry to hear about Dr. Lastra, he was a generous and helping person for many people of limited means here.  Was he vaccinated?  I would expect so.

Let's discuss precautions.

Precautions that work are in short supply with covid.  Precautions that disrupt or kill and injure by themselves while failing to protect are no panacea.  Millions and millions have been "vaccinated" and yet covid marches on, new variations emerging every few months.  That's not a conspiracy theory, that's an observable fact.

Many very credible medical experts are suggesting the mass vaccination including younger people in little real danger from covid may be accelerating this process.  There's a strong scientific basis for that in past medical history.

Covid is soaring among populations that are almost fully vaccinated.  If the "vaccines" actually protected from getting covid this would not be the case.  Blaming it on the decreasing numbers of unvaccinated is statistical nonsense if the vaccinated are protected and not sources of infection themselves.

Vaccinations that have manifested side effects, including substantial numbers of fatalities, the levels of which far exceed previous thresholds for vaccine withdrawal, yet last only a few months and neither prevent catching or spreading covid are no panacea.  Australia is reporting more fatalities with these vaccines than for all other vaccines used in that country in the last 50 years. 

An analysis of the known underreporting U.S. VAERS system shows a similar pattern.  Two states in Canada are reporting very significant increases in still births among vaccinated pregnant women.  The numbers are small but the percentage increase is so large it is hard to ignore.

Recently vaccinated athletes are suddenly collapsing or dying from known heart and blood side effects of these vaccines in unprecedented numbers.  Also very small total numbers but with increases that strongly suggest a correlation. 

Why are we forcing young and healthy people, statistically at zero real risk from covid, to take these vaccines that neither prevent the disease or its spread?

When we (spouse and I) got our first (and to be the only) jab, there was zero warning or information given about side effects.  Turn on the TV and watch any prescription drug ad.  Most of the time is taken up warning you of side effects.  But not with these "vaccines" why? 

As more and more information emerges that the second and subsequent vaccinations have a heightened risk of side effects we have decided to pass on further injections.  We see no reason to think the third "jab" is going to last longer or prevent getting or spreading covid any more than the first two.  Why take the risk?

The alarm bells should have started ringing when the makers of these "vaccines" were given immunity from being sued.  Yet if it is found that our usual flu vaccines are dangerous, their makers can be sued and have been in the past.  But not with these--warnings being omitted or censored and recourse in the event of injury or death blocked.

Maybe the vaccinated don't get as sick when they get covid but the evidence for that is pretty sketchy.  Determining something like that would take massive controlled studies over more than a few months, not just anecdotal observations from those with an obvious agenda.  Given the track record of flip flops and errors over the last long two years of "Doctor" Fauci (non practicing physician bureaucrat), the CDC, the WHO, the far, far less than forthcoming Chinese and the drug makers reaping billions upon billions keeping this going it would seem some skepticism should finally start to creep in.  

At some point one would think that people would notice these precautions like flimsy little cloth masks people wear repeatedly without cleaning and vaccines that neither protect nor stop the spread, are not working and are not going to work.   Maybe if everyone wore N95 masks and replaced them after each use, we could have more confidence in that panacea.

After two long years of failure, we still don't get it that realistically we still have no real working panaceas other than just avoiding other people totally.  Locking your doors, climbing in bed and pulling the covers over your head is probably the most effective thing going out there right now.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.  IMO that is where we are with covid.

The hard truth here is this apparently manufactured disease courtesy of China looks like it is just going to run its course unless an effective vaccine can be found.  At least in the historical context of pandemics, this one is pretty mild, killing only about 2 percent of its victims and that death toll is mostly concentrated among the old and unhealthy.    

Humanity is going to survive this largely intact even if some of us among the more vulnerable categories do not. 

Five years from now I expect we will be finding the damage from lockdowns, vaccines that don't work, loss of livelihoods and disruption of the educations of millions upon millions of young people (a group with a statistical 100 percent survival rate) will end up being far worse than covid itself. 

For example, Mexico reports covid increased the poverty level in this already poor country by 10 percent, or about 15 million people. 

How many people are dying from that or turning to gang crime with its high death rate and dying from that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bmh said:

Why would anyone object to a 2 weeks delay to cut back on contamination after a holiday is beyond me but then some people love to complain. 

We just had a parents and teacher meeting this to plan for their Christmas posada and to hand put their grades.  Their teacher is very worried that in his 4th grade class, almost all the kids are still on a 2nd grade level.  Several still can not read and write.  They are all 2 years behind.  So those 2 weeks of staying home will be 2 more weeks with kids not being in the class room.  And yes it is a huge problem for their future education and their future in general.  But I guess that is of lesser importance.  And think of the parents that won't be able to work cause they now have to stay home with their kids.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

And yes it is a huge problem for their future education and their future in general.  But I guess that is of lesser importance.

Yes, it's of lesser importance than ensuring that they don't get sick or die or bring the virus home to their families who could get sick and die.

And if a child doesn't have basic reading and writing skills by the time they graduate from the 2nd grade, that's a failure of the education system and their parents.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Two weeks is not going to make a whole lot of difference As a kid I did not go to school for 2 years because of illness when I was 7 and 8 years old. My parents taught me how to read, wrote and basic math as for the rest I caught up when I went back to school. 

Right now I am teaching a 20 year old how to read and write and she did not miss school becauseof covid  and teching a 12 year old who dos not know how to read and write or speak Spanish and whose techers are moving him along from one grade to another although he has no basic education. It is a problem all over Mexico and it has nothing to do with covid  but poor education to start with. It is up to the parents or family to help out. 

When all the kids are behind because of a crisis , all kids are behind and it is not as much  of a problem as when  only some kids are missing.  These are difficult times and people have to  figure out a way to go ahead no matter what.. That is what I mean  when I say having kids is inconvenient  because the adults have to pitch in when there is a lack of something.  .

• Like 3

Glad that some like Maincoon see the results of how COVID has been handled (it was a great read by the way). I have talked to many Mexicans in my neighborhood and without exception are not going for another "jab" because of all the side effects that they suffered from. One lady I knew died a day after her first jab (she appeared to be perfectly healthy). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Yes, it's of lesser importance than ensuring that they don't get sick or die or bring the virus home to their families who could get sick and die.

And if a child doesn't have basic reading and writing skills by the time they graduate from the 2nd grade, that's a failure of the education system and their parents.

How can this be a failure of the education system when for the past 2 years are so kids were being "virtually" educated. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

How can this be a failure of the education system when for the past 2 years are so kids were being "virtually" educated. 

Try reading what I wrote. I said it was a failure of the education system that a child can't basically read and write by the end of 2nd grade. So the 2 years they spent after that doing school online is immaterial to that. If the educators had been doing their job to start with, those kids would have been able to progress with their lessons online. Which is pretty much impossible if they hadn'tbeen taught to read and write before that.

And young children need direction and assistance from parents in order to study at home, which obviously those parents haven't been doing.

Both of my granddaughters in Canada have been doing their schoolwork online since last March. They're doing fine.

21 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Try reading what I wrote. I said it was a failure of the education system that a child can't basically read and write by the end of 2nd grade. So the 2 years they spent after that doing school online is immaterial to that. If the educators had been doing their job to start with, those kids would have been able to progress with their lessons online. Which is pretty much impossible if they hadn'tbeen taught to read and write before that.

And young children need direction and assistance from parents in order to study at home, which obviously those parents haven't been doing.

Both of my granddaughters in Canada have been doing their schoolwork online since last March. They're doing fine.

Happy your granddaughters in Canada have done fine with online education. Pretty sure Canada has the financial resources to support this unlike Mexico where many kids where simply handed over to grandparents to that the parents could provide working various jobs. Read Maincoons post above about rising poverty.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Pretty sure Canada has the financial resources to support this unlike Mexico where many kids where simply handed over to grandparents to that the parents could provide working various jobs.

What financial resources to support this how? Both my daughter and  son-in-law work full time. And yes, it was an extra burden on them to help direct the kids with their schoolwork. But that's what responsible parents have to do.

3 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

What financial resources to support this how? Both my daughter and  son-in-law work full time. And yes, it was an extra burden on them to help direct the kids with their schoolwork. But that's that's what responsible parents do.

Well one last observation, if they worked full time, who was looking after the kids at home ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Well one last observation, if they worked full time, who was looking after the kids at home ?

They have been working from home online for the past year, and just recently my son-in-law has gone back into the office. 

And you don't have to point out to me that local Mexicans don't have those type of jobs, I'm well aware of that. But my daughter and her husband have good jobs because they busted their butts for years going to school, taking extra courses, working their way up in their professions. etc. 

For sure, not everyone has the same opportunities in life, but if you get pregnant at 16 and start having a slew of babies so you can't ever aspire to anything more than cleaning houses for gringoes, well, that's a personal choice. 

I see an inordinate number of able-bodied teenagers in Mexico, just like everywhere, who seem to spend their days sitting around playing on their cell phones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1