Chapala.com Webboard

Where to get vaccinated if you missed the bus

Nessa

Hello everyone.

I am a permanent resident of Mexico and I could not get my vaccine on time. (For my age group)

I submitted a request to vaccinate with my Curp on the Gov site where they ask for your email and address, but so far no replies.

Anyone know if there are any drop in centers here where I can get my first dose? 

Gracias.

Unfortunately there are no drop in centers in Jalisco. Not enough vaccine available in Mexico. You must wait until your age group comes up in your municipality. Currently in Chapala and Joco, they are vaccinating 12 - 17 year-olds with existing medical conditions at the Community Hospital in Jocotopec.

Watch the site below for updates. They usually update on the weekend. When they list persons over 18 who have not received their first jab, in your municipality, plan to show up. You likely will not receive an email. You will need to provide proof of address along with the other listed documents.

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/ruta-de-la-vacunacion/

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies.

I heard that the US is not accepting any non vaccinated travelers as of Nov 8th.

I would fly to the US but I don't want to risk being denied entry because of me not having the vaccine. Fyi I'm Canadian.

Has anyone been able to travel to the US without a vaccine record after Nov 8th. How was the experience? 

14 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Nothing of the sort. Your best bet is a quick flight to Tijuana, cross at the CBX, get the jab in Chula Vista, cross back and catch a flight home.

My travel agent says that route has been closed down.

Nessa is correct, any non U.S. citizens traveling by air into the US for visit or in transit, must now be fully vaccinated and have proof of a negative antigen test.  It would seem the only option available as of now would be to get vaccinated here in Mexico.  The Canadian government has expanded their list of accepted vaccinations, including Sinovac.  MtnMama’s link is a good place to start.  Hopefully the vaccinations will be available for sale privately at some point, but when and if, is anyone’s guess.  Good luck to you Nessa.  

47 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Texas doesn’t care where you are from. We had our reservation form. They didn’t even ask for Id. 

Maybe they didn't check, but the requirement starting Nov 8th for non-US citizens is to show proof of vaccination. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html :

Effective November 8, 2021, all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States.

For land border access requirement, see https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/frequently-asked-questions-guidance-travelers-enter-us :

...non-citizen travelers will be permitted to enter the U.S. through a land border or ferry terminal for a non-essential reason (i.e., tourism), provided they are fully vaccinated and can present proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, MtnMama said:

Unfortunately there are no drop in centers in Jalisco. Not enough vaccine available in Mexico. 

<there is plenty of extra vaccine in Mexico, just not where it needs to be. Im Chiapas we have drop ins in just about every town  with Pfizer, Sinovac Astreca Seneca . People are sitting there all day long waiting for people to come in.

I took a bus last week to Nuevo Laredo, taxi to destination in Laredo, TX.  No one asked for any proof of my Covid status.  Only time I showed any identification was at the U.S. border where they asked for my passport.

Mask suggested on the bus, but, some took them off during the trip. Masks requested at some stores (signs posted at entry) in TX but, not required.  

On 11/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, Nessa said:

Hello everyone.

I am a permanent resident of Mexico and I could not get my vaccine on time. (For my age group)

I submitted a request to vaccinate with my Curp on the Gov site where they ask for your email and address, but so far no replies.

You seriously expected to be notified. If you missed your 'age group' you could have gone to ANY age group when vaccines were available over the past seven months. This website lists when/where vaccines are available but it looks like they are doing students at the moment.    You could try going to the bienstar office at the chapala municipal building and sign up.

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/ruta-de-la-vacunacion/

On 11/22/2021 at 8:07 AM, bmh said:

<there is plenty of extra vaccine in Mexico, just not where it needs to be. Im Chiapas we have drop ins in just about every town  with Pfizer, Sinovac Astreca Seneca . People are sitting there all day long waiting for people to come in.

It looks like some people have done their homework which is why they are not getting vaccinated.

I saw this morning in all of Mexico, 53 deaths yesterday from Covid. down from over 700 several weeks ago. Seems to be the trend once they begin vaccination campaigns numbers begin to spike and then dwindle several weeks after.

I have to wonder what people think about the high infection rates and death in highly vaccinated countries, in spite of all these vaccines it seems things have gotten worse and not better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://us.yahoo.com/news/cdc-moves-germany-denmark-not-175907246.html

If you read this article it is rather disturbing specially when you get to the end where it states that 78.1% of people in Denmark have been vaccinated and 70% of Germans have been vaccinated.  It kind of makes one question the effectiveness of these vaccines.

You missed an important point in the article...

78.1 percent of people have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine in Denmark and 70.6 percent in Germany.

One dose is not vaccinated. It is HALF vaccinated. 

As long as people don't take this seriously, the virus will continue to evolve, spread and mutate. 

• Thanks 2

Covid is going to evolve, spread and mutate regardless, don't you understand?  I seriously doubt that the majority of the world's population wants to take a covid vaccine every 6 months for the rest of their lives.  Because thats about all its good for.  But I'm sure Big Pharma would love that. Most scientists already say it is here for  good just like the common flu is so we might as well learn to live with it as we do with the flu.  It isn't going away.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are the kind of person who takes antibiotics for an infection... but doesn't take all of them for the required time frame... and decides to hang on to them in case some other infection happens. 

If you do not understand the implications of the above behaviour then I suggest you talk to a Doctor. The vaccine is to stop severe illness and death. Period.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1