Chapala.com Webboard

Colonoscopy anyone?

Carrol

CONSIDER THIS:  If you are thinking about having a colonoscopy or endoscopy by a local provider, you might want to check some other Qualified and Professional providers or facilities in Guadalajara to have it done.  Both my neighbor and I had these studies done four hours apart, about two weeks ago at a local facility.  Not only were we both charged for things that we shouldn't have been charged for (and a few days later each of us had one deuce of a time getting the overcharges reversed!). EG: I was overcharged nearly $2000 pesos above what was itemized by the local provider as my total charges for the entire procedure. The extra charge was listed as IVA (tax!)....which incidentally, my neighbor was not assessed.  And in my case, the charge was listed as something entirely different on my final blll (and it wasn't for something  legit like biopsies).  Add to that, after the study was completed, each of us was dropped off at a restroom, handed a bag of clothing....and told we could go home.  Neither of us were even fully awake from the anesthesia, and have absolutely no idea how we even got from the OR to the restroom!!!  Two days after our "studies," my friend and I compared our reports. And sad to say, it appears that each 'Final Report" was created using a computerized template--one like where the the results are checked off a template to create something called "Findings."  Both reports were nearly identical !!!!   All in all, these exams were a total waste of time; a waste of a lot of money; and for a completely useless report. One that in my case was intended to give my surgeon in Guadalajara important information for my planned surgery.  Unfortunately, I chose local providers to avoid another trip into Guadalajara.  BIG MISTAKE!!  I would strongly advise anyone else to seek out some other providers in Guadalajara if they ever need to have this important exam.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto on Dr. Daniel Briseno and San Antonio Hospital.   He was completely thorough and gave me copy of his pictures before I left the treatment room.  Then I was taken to recovery room and left to fully awake.  The staff at the hospital were fine and the charges were told to me even before I went there.

They took biopsies and charged extra for that, which was reasonably priced.  A week later I contacted Dr. Briseno and he provided biopsy results, which fortunately were fine. 

Based on my experience, I totally recommend Dr. Daniel Briseno as well as San Antonio Hospital.   I would go to Guadalajara as  a last resort !!     

• Like 6

On 11/8/2021 at 6:31 PM, Carrol said:

CONSIDER THIS:  If you are thinking about having a colonoscopy or endoscopy by a local provider, you might want to check some other Qualified and Professional providers or facilities in Guadalajara to have it done.  Both my neighbor and I had these studies done four hours apart, about two weeks ago at a local facility.  Not only were we both charged for things that we shouldn't have been charged for (and a few days later each of us had one deuce of a time getting the overcharges reversed!). EG: I was overcharged nearly $2000 pesos above what was itemized by the local provider as my total charges for the entire procedure. The extra charge was listed as IVA (tax!)....which incidentally, my neighbor was not assessed.  And in my case, the charge was listed as something entirely different on my final blll (and it wasn't for something  legit like biopsies).  Add to that, after the study was completed, each of us was dropped off at a restroom, handed a bag of clothing....and told we could go home.  Neither of us were even fully awake from the anesthesia, and have absolutely no idea how we even got from the OR to the restroom!!!  Two days after our "studies," my friend and I compared our reports. And sad to say, it appears that each 'Final Report" was created using a computerized template--one like where the the results are checked off a template to create something called "Findings."  Both reports were nearly identical !!!!   All in all, these exams were a total waste of time; a waste of a lot of money; and for a completely useless report. One that in my case was intended to give my surgeon in Guadalajara important information for my planned surgery.  Unfortunately, I chose local providers to avoid another trip into Guadalajara.  BIG MISTAKE!!  I would strongly advise anyone else to seek out some other providers in Guadalajara if they ever need to have this important exam.

Someone did not do their homework.