Chapala.com Webboard

Cuban cigars

Linapolo

Use the search function for "cigars redux". Don Pablo delivers to us puro smokers here. He has his own brand, hand made in Vera Cruz and handles many other brands Yes,the Nicaraguan are better than Cuban In my experience. That giant Texas Lancero [Nic. hand made] and twice the size of a regular Churchill ain't cheap. Not all Nic puros are cheaper than Cuban brands

IMG_0032a.jpg

puros cigars.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I would be very wary of buying "Cuban" cigars locally. I bought some Cohiba Siglio 6 in Havana (from the official source). Wonderful smoke. Just to compare, I bought one of the same locally. Not the same shape or color. Not a bad smoke, but obviously fake.

You would not have got a fake from don Pablo. He is a true puro merchant using and knowing his product well,similar to a fine wine merchant.

Fake  copies of famous Cuban cigar brands are called "bananas" in Cuba.

I agree many central American brands are as good as their Cuban versions and cost a lot less than the fourteen dollars plus that the famous brands command.

SunFan 

4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I bought a very tasty Nicaraguan puro for $250p. it was just slightly larger than a standard Churchill.

Whoa Pedro, $12 USD or $15 CDN per cigar. You're smoking away the kids' inheritance. LOL.

SunFan 

• Haha 2