Chapala.com Webboard

Precision alignment

ea93105

Driving for more than three decades, before computers existed, precise alignments were accomplished by many mechanic shops, dealerships, etc.  I am sure that option still exists nearby. Ask around; maybe at S&S, for a recommendation.

Best alignment rack I have seen lakeside is at Car City in Riberas.  I had some suspension work that required an alignment afterwards. A month later while in the USA I had a Firestone dealer check the alignment while I was having other service done and there computer printout said it was correctly aligned

13 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Best alignment rack I have seen lakeside is at Car City in Riberas.  I had some suspension work that required an alignment afterwards. A month later while in the USA I had a Firestone dealer check the alignment while I was having other service done and there computer printout said it was correctly aligned

Car city is no more....

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Odd they aligned my car less than 2 months ago.  Did they recently remove the alignment rack?

Don't know but I stopped by their shop before getting some suspension work and asked them if they had the equipment and their answer was "no, but we get really close"

• Haha 1

You could specify the brand of oil for your oil change. Yup! They had the containers, but one might be advised to see if they were sealed, as new.  Then, they once put in an extra quart!  I made them correct that "error".  Never went back; but that was many years ago........perhaps things are different now.

I think it was in 2008 when I had them replace a leaky transmission axle seal ( maybe has a different name) on my Toyota. Picked the car up and the transmission would no longer work correctly. They said "so sorry". Took it across the street to Escalera and they fix it (after replacing a part broken by car city).