Chapala.com Webboard

Problem ordering from Marcado Libre

sm1mex

We got all the information in and a Mx credit card and got to the page where we had only 5 minutes to buy but there was no option to buy or get a confirmation. When we said buy a Santander page came up with their banking information but no place to say buy or pay the account. Hard. 

56 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

We got all the information in and a Mx credit card and got to the page where we had only 5 minutes to buy but there was no option to buy or get a confirmation. When we said buy a Santander page came up with their banking information but no place to say buy or pay the account. Hard. 

Many of us use ML every few days... or more.  Not at all hard. Do you read enough Spanish to understand the page? If not, perhaps enlisting a bilingual friend to help until you know the all the steps?

Yes I read enough Spanish but after I put in the Mx cc it goes to a Santander page with their account information but no place to pay to Santander account. It is a page with information but no option to pay the account. I have a Mx friend that is going to help us and they are familiar with the hoops to jump through after we have 5 minutes to pay. 👍

12 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I only bought one thing on Mercado Libre. I phoned the vendor and he gave me his bank account number to go pay at OXO, then sent him a photo of the receipt. It was easy peasy and the item was delivered two days later.

That method ended a long time (years) ago. All transactions are handled by Mercadopago. There is no direct contact information for the vendor until the sale is completed. Even then most don't provide phone numbers. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

How do you buy compra when it says you have 5 minutes?  There is no option to say ok or compra. So the sale cannot be completed. 

Your friend will get you thru this. Yes you CAN "buy/comprar" within the time limit and get the price quoted. In your case, since you have C/C registered, you're simply not understanding how to complete the purchase..... and it will be "completed" instantly (and a confirming email sent to you). But you will!!

For what it's worth, I NEVER pay with C/C on ML (or any other place other than Amazon).  I know it's a PITA to get to Oxxo in a rush, but that's ONLY needed when there are only a very few of the items left in stock. Then you go to Oxxo, present the code, and pay.