Chapala.com Webboard

Ocote

Somebody inquired about where to get these sticks which are heart pine full of resin and used for starting fires. I have been buying them for about 14 years upstairs in the Chapala mercado to start my bbq. They sell them in various sized bundles and yes they have gone up in price considerably but boy do they work well with newspaper and mesquite in my weber chimney starter.

ocote-pine-pieces-wood-used-to-start-fire-texture-wood-cover-sap-highly-flammable-150776607.jpg

charcoal starter 001.jpg

charcoal starter 002.jpg

charcoal starter 003.jpg

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

What happened to your stainless steel chimney made by the Young brothers? It was pretty cool, made by their CNC cutter.

I like to start a fire with wood too. Lots to burn around here. Get a nice bed of coals, then charcoal, then chunks of smoking wood.

The young's never made me one that I can recall,  but my vecino Omar did. I bought this one made by Weber at Soriana.

50 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Like Andy said....... info about Ocote....👍    more endless photos of your private life ..... 👇

Andypanda aka computer guy aka mike riley for some reason doesn't like me posting fotos of how things are used or done. Showing how to use ocote for bbq has nothing to do with my private life. Go find something useful to do if what I post is not to your liking,your royal highness.

24 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

The young's never made me one that I can recall,  but my vecino Omar did. I bought this one made by Weber at Soriana. Andypanda aka computer guy aka mike riley for some reason doesn't like me posting fotos of how things are used or done. Showing how to use ocote for bbq has nothing to do with my private life. Go find something useful to do if what I post is not to your liking,your royal highness.

If it's not your private life, what is it? Someone else's? You showed us an unnecessary photo of your chimney, an unnecessary photo of your grill, and a completely unnecessary photo of your meat. The OP that you refer to asked where to get ocote and your first answer was more than adequate. The rest? Ego.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndyPanda said:

If it's not your private life, what is it? Someone else's? You showed us an unnecessary photo of your chimney, an unnecessary photo of your grill, and a completely unnecessary photo of your meat. The OP that you refer to asked where to get ocote and your first answer was more than adequate. The rest? Ego.

You get a life...por favor!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

For the record I never get tired of or offended by the pictures he posts.  They make this forum interesting.  But the word snork in the majority of his posts is totally unnecessary.

Is that a word...I thought it was a reaction!!! Like coffee coming out of your nose....

• Haha 1