Chapala.com Webboard

aduana near Manzanillo and car buying in Chapala/guadalajara

telcoman

2 questions. I have to redo my residente due to the fact I could not get back to renew last year. My car will have a 30 day tIP I need to extend. I am in Melaque. Does anyone know if there is  an Aduana closer to Manzanillo, like maybe its airport? Also I need to by a car in November, any suggestion on where to do that in guadalajara area? I am looking for a compact 4 door, auto or manual about the size of a ford fiesta or honda fit. It needs to fit in my brother in laws garage. Dont want to spend much more than 100K pesos.

I sent an email to spencer. If I can do the residente and TIP in one go, I will use him. I tried to look into doing it in Nuevo Vallarta, but it is the wrong state.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should visit The Alamo. It is a used car super center with literally hundreds, if not thousands of every model car you can imagine. It is just a bit past the airport on the way into Guadalajara. I got a great deal on a Nissan Rogue there a couple years ago. If you don't speak Spanish, take someone who does with you. It's worth seeing even if you don't buy. Sat. and Sun. are the best days.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, elevator said:

You should visit The Alamo. It is a used car super center with literally hundreds, if not thousands of every model car you can imagine. It is just a bit past the airport on the way into Guadalajara. I got a great deal on a Nissan Rogue there a couple years ago. If you don't speak Spanish, take someone who does with you. It's worth seeing even if you don't buy. Sat. and Sun. are the best days.

That sounds like it is worth a drive up from Melaque

On 11/30/2021 at 9:11 AM, SunFan said:

telcoman, how did you make out with the severe flooding in Abbotsford, British Columbia?

SunFan

It is on high ground so OK. I am flying back for 2 weeks on the 17th, so I can check it all out