Chapala.com Webboard

email access

kmetzger

First are you trying to access Hotmail with an app on a phone or tablet?  Or are you trying to access with a computer?

If by computer try a different browser, if the same problem on both browsers try a reboot of the computer. Also a reboot of the modem could possibly help. 

If by phone or tablet it is possible the app is not functioning correctly. First power off the device and re-start. If the same problem still exists try uninstalling the app and re-installing. 

Using my PC. Edge brower doesn't work either. Can't access Outlook/Hotmail or Telmex Infinitum mail. Problem started yesterday. Rebooted several times. Shut down PC last night. I have excellent internet reception, so can't see how rebooting modem would help. Both browsers (Chrome and Edge) give same message. Can't reach this page. login.live.com took too long to respond

18 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

Using my PC. Edge brower doesn't work either. Can't access Outlook/Hotmail or Telmex Infinitum mail. Problem started yesterday. Rebooted several times. Shut down PC last night. I have excellent internet reception, so can't see how rebooting modem would help. Both browsers (Chrome and Edge) give same message. Can't reach this page. login.live.com took too long to respond

Rebooting modem can help in many cases. Disconnect the power lead  wait one minute reconnect. 

Rebooting your modem can fix Internet connection problems, improve slow moving connections and resolve wireless issues. 

Another reason is that when your modem is on all day, every day, it is slowly desynchronizing from the Internet Service Provider (ISP). This desynchronization causes the packets you are sending and receiving to become corrupt, requiring them to be re-sent, lowering your speed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kmetzger said:

Call in a computer guy for help.

• Confused 1