Chapala.com Webboard

My gardener wants liquid Malathion

johanson

Any time I have needed Malathion in the past, I purchased it in powered form and the gardener would mix it with water and he had his liquid Malathion.

However, my gardener now says it's available in liquid form and he asked it I could it him a liter or two of liquid Malathion.

I live in upper slightly West Ajijic. Does anyone know where I might find some Malathion in liquid form rather than powered?

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have.

30 minutes ago, johanson said:

Any time I have needed Malathion in the past, I purchased it in powered form and the gardener would mix it with water and he had his liquid Malathion.

However, my gardener now says it's available in liquid form and he asked it I could it him a liter or two of liquid Malathion.

I live in upper slightly West Ajijic. Does anyone know where I might find some Malathion in liquid form rather than powered?

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have.

He should check with his doctor first, the stuff is dangerous to take

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

He should check with his doctor first, the stuff is dangerous to take

You ARE making fun of poor Pete, I assume?  Actually malathion is not the worst thing in the world.... according to my B.C. (Canada) Pesticide Applicators Handbook, it has an oral LD 50 (measure of toxicity) of 1,000 and dermal 4,100.   The higher the LD50, the better. Scary is under 100, and under 50 is "suit up in full protective gear".

However, it's somewhat toxic to ferns, petunias, orchids and some apples as well as beans and cucurbit family ( latter 2 in greenhouse conditions only)...... and is highly toxic to fish and bees.  

Pete.... why don't you tell him he can just keep mixing it up as before? Less chance of too much getting into the drainage system.