Chapala.com Webboard

Has Sinovac been accepted for entry into Canada?

jksc

When Dr. Byram Bridle, associate professor of viral immunology—a well-recognized expert in vaccinology—refused vaccination due to his natural immunity, he was derided by media and banned from his University of Guelph campus. He made clear that he is, “a vaccine lover and an innovator in this field,” but has concerns about the, “possible link between this heart inflammation that is occurring and these COVID-19 vaccines.” 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Why is natural immunity never taken in to consideration ? (when discuss mandates).

As I posted earlier, the Canadian Government is recognizing natural immunity as far as entry goes. There are many studies showing natural immunity (recovery from infection) to be at least equal to that conferred by vaccination. 

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Government of Canada to accept additional vaccines for travel

Starting November 30, 2021, 03:01 AM EST, three additional COVID-19 vaccines approved for use by the World Health Organization will be accepted for travel to and within Canada.

• Sinopharm (also referred to as Covilo)
  • Sinovac (also referred to as Coronavac)
  • COVAXIN        

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, timjwilson said:

As I posted earlier, the Canadian Government is recognizing natural immunity as far as entry goes. There are many studies showing natural immunity (recovery from infection) to be at least equal to that conferred by vaccination. 

That is absolutely FALSE and incorrect.     No entry without being fully vaccinated into Canada.   Period.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

That is absolutely FALSE and incorrect.     No entry without being fully vaccinated into Canada.   Period.

Can that be true?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:19 AM, timjwilson said:

Where do you find this information re entry? And all the studies I've read say that vaccination has been shown to be 5 times more protective than natural immunity.

55 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

No entry without being fully vaccinated into Canada.   Period

Wrong. Period. 

Canadians are not kept out of their own country regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. If you aren't, quarantine applies. Read the rules on the Canadian govt. website.  

24 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Where do you find this information re entry? And all the studies I've read say that vaccination has been shown to be 5 times more protective than natural immunity.

Wrong. Period. 

Canadians are not kept out of their own country regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. If you aren't, quarantine applies. Read the rules on the Canadian govt. website.  

Out of emoji. 

Thank you!

Facts count, period.

1 hour ago, Whipstock said:

No Canadian citizen can be refused entry. Worse case is a covid hotel.

Agree with this, my comment was about non-CDNs requiring full vaccination for entry.   And also, that there is "0" recognition of "natural immunity" that was claimed by another poster.     We're on the same page here.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Wrong. Period. 

Here is the information about the exemptions for previously infected Canadians. I posted it earlier in this thread. You need a serum test (titers) as proof.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions

Exemptions;

Already recovered from COVID-19

If you are now symptom-free, you can provide proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test when crossing the border, instead of a negative one.

- After August 9, 2021: The test must have been conducted at least 14 and no more than 180 days before:
- the initial scheduled departure time of your aircraft, 
or
- your entry into Canada by marine or by land 

As far as the vaccine conferring greater immunity, this is an unknown as a secure fact. It is hypothesized that infection and one vaccine may be the best. Who knows for sure. I have read a number of studies indicating that infected individuals see an increase in B cells as time passes. In comparisons to SARS 1, recovered individuals had strong B cell presence 17 years later. I'm not anti-vaccines. I just think post-infected individuals should have a choice. 

Here is a recent study which is a little complex to read. Although pointing out some superior benefits of the vaccine it points out that immunity from infection increases over time, via B cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8369496/

Some other studies/papers discussing the subject.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-20247-4
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03696-9
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

Thanks for the info, Tim. I've actually always leant towards the natural immunity to things- I never got my kids vaxed for measles, chicken pox, etc. I know kids die from those diseases in countries with poor sanitation, and the odd one might die in a first world country, but it's not at all a huge risk living where I was, in Canada. So mine all got chicken pox and measles, just like I did when I was a kid, and they were sick for a few days or a week, and now have natural immunity. But if there had been another polio epidemic, I definitely would have gotten them vaccinated for that. There's just some things that aren't worth risking and Covid is certainly one of them for me. 

I'm 72, have never gotten a flu shot, and haven't had the flu in 25 years. But I definitely got vaxed for Covid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Thanks for the info, Tim. I've actually always leant towards the natural immunity to things- I never got my kids vaxed for measles, chicken pox, etc. I know kids die from those diseases in countries with poor sanitation, and the odd one might die in a first world country, but it's not at all a huge risk living where I was, in Canada. So mine all got chicken pox and measles, just like I did when I was a kid, and they were sick for a few days or a week, and now have natural immunity. But if there had been another polio epidemic, I definitely would have gotten them vaccinated for that. There's just some things that aren't worth risking and Covid is certainly one of them for me. 

I'm 72, have never gotten a flu shot, and haven't had the flu in 25 years. But I definitely got vaxed for Covid. 

If I did not get the virus early on, I would have been vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

a search using "canada sinovac 30 November" resulted in over 10 articles similar to this one:

https://www.daily-sun.com/post/589074/Canada-to-allow-entry-of-travellers-fully-vaccinated-with-Sinopharm-Sinovac-COVAXIN

Here is another interesting media article (with excerpts) which raises some questions I have had. As I mentioned earlier, post infection and a single vaccine is the best scenario.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/natural-immunity-isnt-enough-for-a-covid-passport-should-it-be 

"Still, two recent studies suggest immunity from a previous infection confers longer-lasting and stronger protection against SARS-CoV-2. A large study of tens of thousands of Israelis, a preprint that hasn’t yet been peer reviewed, found that people who never had COVID and received two doses of the Pfizer shots were six to 13 times more likely to contract Delta than those who were previously infected with COVID."

"However, in another analysis from the same study, the COVID-recovered who remained unvaccinated were twice as likely to be re-infected as the COVID-recovered who received a single dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Others have shown that people with a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection “mount unusually potent immune responses to COVID-19 vaccines,” virologist Shane Crotty wrote in Science magazine, which may explain why they are also more likely to experience side effects like fever and fatigue."

"A study out of Rockefeller University published in Nature , meanwhile, found that memory B cells that can linger for decades and unleash potent antibodies every time the body is re-exposed to SARS-CoV-2 outperformed memory B cells produced by mRNA vaccines."

Unfortunately protocol for covid19 recovered individuals is double mRNA vaccines. The second vaccine has resulted in hospitalization for a number of these individuals. I wish there was data and even acceptance of a single Sinovac vaccine following infection. To me, this seems scientifically practical, as Sinovac is an old school style vaccine, structured on the polio vaccine scaffolding. Sometimes I wonder why this style is prevalent in China and if one believes their data covid19 is for the greater part under control there.