Chapala.com Webboard

Big News, What happened in the Iguala massacre

CHILLIN

This seems to be a common practice among students here in Mexico.  My wife was on a bus between Zihuatanejo and Acapulco when it was taken over by students.  Passengers were put out along the side of the road to fend for themselves and to figure out how to make it to their destination.

A stupid, selfish and inconsiderate practice and we all know that stupid gets you killed in Mexico.  They sure did pay for it in Iguala.

• Thanks 1

The rural school in the southern States are a plague. The teachers and students run wild for all kinds of reasons. Destroy property and riots because their friend get arrested. .., the students Who are god should be given  good scholarships and those school should be closed down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was attending college in Southern California during the hippy era, the Watts riots, Vietnam war demonstrations, etc. and I sympathized with those involved.  I started coming down to the Chapala area in the mid 1970s and met some young people who also expressed the same sentiments but for different reasons.  To me young people’s problems here in Mexico are more complex and exasperating.  It’s hard to pass judgement on those involved.

it is easy to say when you are not affected by the mess not to pass judgement  but after being dumped on the side of the road  kms from any transportation sometimes in storms as the night comes you quickly   learn how not to sympathize with the students and their teachers. You do not have these problems in Chapala . The 60 s are a long time ago..and left me with no sympathy for rioters.

I was in my 3rd year at the Sorbonne in 68 so  I remember May 68 and the warehouse where i worked  in Los Angeles  was burned down  during  the Rodney King riots  so I have seen a few riots  and I still do not sympathize with rioters. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, bmh said:

it is easy to say when you are not affected by the mess not to pass judgement  but after being dumped on the side of the road  kms from any transportation sometimes in storms as the night comes you quickly   learn how not to sympathize with the students and their teachers. You do not have these problems in Chapala . The 60 s are a long time ago..and left me with no sympathy for rioters.

I was in my 3rd year at the Sorbonne in 68 so  I remember May 68 and the warehouse where i worked  in Los Angeles  was burned down  during  the Rodney King riots  so I have seen a few riots  and I still do not sympathize with rioters. 

Bridget, every Mexican I know that has had their bus commandeered by student thugs, although not wishing death on them, feel they were looking for trouble and found it in Iguala.