Chapala.com Webboard

Flu shots lakeside?

I have always gotten my flu shots for free when I was up north during this time of the year. However this year my timing is way off and I will not be returning until immediately after Christmas. 

Why the change in schedule? Because of the Covid Virus and availability of vaccine shots, which I now have.

QUESTION:  Do the lakeside Doctors have access to an effective flu virus? 

And if so, what time of the year is it usually available?

Thanks in advance for any information you might wish to share about the availability and timing of flu vaccine shots lakeside.

1 minute ago, johanson said:

I have always gotten my flu shots for free when I was up north during this time of the year. However this year my timing is way off and I will not be returning until immediately after Christmas. 

Why the change in schedule? Because of the Covid Virus and availability of vaccine shots, which I now have.

QUESTION:  Do the lakeside Doctors have access to an effective flu virus? 

And if so, what time of the year is it usually available?

Thanks in advance for any information you might wish to share about the availability and timing of flu vaccine shots lakeside.

Last year it was available in October. Free at the local INSABI clinic where you live with CURP, ID,  and proof of residence. Some people paid to get it at Drs. offices, 

11 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Last year it was available in October. Free at the local INSABI clinic where you live with CURP, ID,  and proof of residence. Some people paid to get it at Drs. offices, 

The FREE shots are trivalent, meaning it contains 3 strains. 

The shots sold by private doctors' offices are quadrivalent', it has 4 strains and is known as the High Dose Flu Vaccine.  

The quadrivalent is recommended for people over 65 years of age.  

47 minutes ago, gringal said:

Is the private lab in the San Antonio Hospital complex giving the 4 strain High Dose Flu vaccine (for a fee)?

Taking names for their list now (and they confirmed it will be the quadrivalent).  I didn't ask price.