Chapala.com Webboard

Lawyer needed

Estrellas

47 minutes ago, Estrellas said:

Is there a personal injury lawyer that has an office at Lakeside and speaks some English?

Any help appreciated. ☺️

This is not the country for litigious over kill like NOB. Spitting in the wind comes to mind but I'm sure that you will find somebody that won't mind you lining their pockets por nada results.

• Like 1

Cripes, could you be more condescending? Person asked for some info. Your sarcasm helped zero.

Estrellas, I would help if I could, but I don't know anyone like that. And however poorly worded happy's comments were, he is right: litigation here is pretty much a nightmare at every level. I've known otherwise-powerful people who tried to sue to get squatters removed from their land, only to lose that land and pay the court costs. On many levels, this country still works like it did in the Spaniard days.

If you're determined to speak to a bilingual attorney who's experienced in litigation, I highly recommend John Brennan.  He litigated a case for a friend of mine and won.  I've lived here for 26 years, and he's the only local attorney I'd trust with litigation.  I believe that his office is on Guadalupe Victoria in the village  Sorry, but I don't have his phone number.  There are many local bilingual attorneys who do real estate, immigration, a little of this and a little of that, but John Brennan is a litigator.

3 hours ago, Joanie said:

If you're determined to speak to a bilingual attorney who's experienced in litigation, I highly recommend John Brennan.  He litigated a case for a friend of mine and won.  I've lived here for 26 years, and he's the only local attorney I'd trust with litigation.  I believe that his office is on Guadalupe Victoria in the village  Sorry, but I don't have his phone number.  There are many local bilingual attorneys who do real estate, immigration, a little of this and a little of that, but John Brennan is a litigator.

Thank you very much Joanie and especially for the contacts.😊

6 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Cripes, could you be more condescending? Person asked for some info. Your sarcasm helped zero.

Estrellas, I would help if I could, but I don't know anyone like that. And however poorly worded happy's comments were, he is right: litigation here is pretty much a nightmare at every level. I've known otherwise-powerful people who tried to sue to get squatters removed from their land, only to lose that land and pay the court costs. On many levels, this country still works like it did in the Spaniard days.

Being totally frank is not condescending.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AndyPanda said:

Was very easy putting the “big three” on ignore and never seeing such post again.

• Like 1