Chapala.com Webboard

How to find date and time of Covid vac for non-Spanish speaker

bedbug

I don't speak Spanish well. I registered for the vaccination and i know I will get a call. If it is a recorded message, they usually speak too fast for me to comprehend what they are saying. Is there any other way to find out when and where the shots are scheduled? Do I have to bring a utility bill with me?

Are you on FB? it has been posted multi places; If you can read Chapala, the date and time in spanish then you can find where on this site https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/ruta-de-la-vacunacion/
Updates are made to the website usually on Sunday or Monday.
Chances of getting a first shot are getting slim, they are doing second shots for the 40-49 group this week.
No you won't have a choice of shots. 
If you expected a call, you ain't in Kansas any more Toto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bedbug said:

I don't speak Spanish well. I registered for the vaccination and i know I will get a call. If it is a recorded message, they usually speak too fast for me to comprehend what they are saying. Is there any other way to find out when and where the shots are scheduled? Do I have to bring a utility bill with me?

As noted above, the ONLY way to get a Covid-19 vaccination here Lakeside is to be alert to social media postings for upcoming vaccines, which is on the municipal government FB page, TV and radio announcements, the Jalisco state government webpage https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/ruta-de-la-vacunacion/, on the Secretaría de Salud de Jalisco website., or to know someone who is working an upcoming clinic. ( For example, starting tomorrow thru Friday in our Health Region IV, vaccination is open to adults age 40 and above who are getting their second dose of AstraZeneca. The posting went out yesterday afternoon.) Notice usually is posted 48 hours before the start of the clinic. I don't see any first-dose clinics from 30 Aug-Sept 3; next week may be different. One does not have a choice for the brand of vaccine applied—for that you'd have to fly to the US and get your shot there, choosing from those available at the vaccine location. To search what's currently available or to make an appointment, enter your chosen zip code and follow https://www.vaccines.gov/search/?fbclid=IwAR3HEcixXQFRRP7eba7CxqrJFzjDlarhYZ0nuXy1ZZxuHcyQENtCcca3obw

If you let me know your age group and which Lakeside municipality you are in (choose Jocotepec or Chapala) I'll keep an eye out for you for the next clinic for which you are eligible. I assume from your post you have not yet had a first shot here. Locally, Lakeside, they do not schedule individual vaccination appointments: you will have to go to a makeup clinic for first-shot doses or tag onto the next first-dose clinic and wait your turn on line, so be prepared for a queue. I suggest you gather now to have at the ready to take with you to the vaccine site these documents: your original Immigration card (Temporal/Permanente) and a clear photocopy of front and back; a utility bill within the last 60 days; your CURP (the 8 1/2 x 11" version, not the old small trifold card) and a clear copy; a printout of your vaccine registration from the mivacuna.salud.gob.mx site where you registered; a copy of the Expediente de vacunación (blank vaccination record) with the QR code on it, found at the same mivacuna site.

If you need assistance, PM me and I'll help in any way I can. 

• Like 1

bedbug if you are on your second shot i am taking my husband and maid tomorrow at 8. Pm me if you want to go with us.. My maid is part of that age group my husband is not but I got him vaccinated in that group..I speak fluent Spanish so maybe that will help.

We are going for second shots.My husband received sinovac 2 months ago with that group and they did not come back for the sinovac people so i am.going to ask them to vaccinate him with astrecazeneca we willl see what happen,