Chapala.com Webboard

Tropical Storm Nora

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Yes, and how long have people been tracking records in relation to the billions of years of the earths existence? How can you make absolute conclusions based on this??? Once the earth was covered in ice and another time it was a tropical hothouse!!! And that was a long time before automobiles!!!  

Huh?

• Like 1

Never fear. When it warms up and Antarctica has land areas without ice certainly their will be at least a few cool resorts built there and kept warm. I always shake my head when I see persons concerned about the polar ice cap melting take an ice breaker plowing through the ice fields breaking the ice. That a good way to get ice to melt breaking the big chunks into smaller pieces. They'll also mega watts of radar through the ice to measure the ice. It's not pure water so that microwaving is warming the ice. Pretty effective way to turn around and say the ice is melting after years of heating it up. 

I'll stick to warmer weather. Had enough painful cold.

On the ground report from a friend in P.V. ..... "CFE poles and cables down everywhere... will probably be without electricity for some days." Both Grace and Nora were very fast moving hurricanes and for that everyone should be grateful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stream said:

Never fear. When it warms up and Antarctica has land areas without ice certainly their will be at least a few cool resorts built there and kept warm. I always shake my head when I see persons concerned about the polar ice cap melting take an ice breaker plowing through the ice fields breaking the ice. That a good way to get ice to melt breaking the big chunks into smaller pieces. They'll also mega watts of radar through the ice to measure the ice. It's not pure water so that microwaving is warming the ice. Pretty effective way to turn around and say the ice is melting after years of heating it up. 

I'll stick to warmer weather. Had enough painful cold.

Not sure where you get your information, but whatever you are talking about makes no sense in terms of the current conversation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I keep hearing "once in a hundred year storm", but you are not getting my attention until I hear "once in a hundred thousand year or once in a million or even a billion year storm" ...however CNN was not around then!!!

Age of the Earth | National Geographic Society

Earth is estimated to be 4.54 billion years old, plus or minus about 50 million years. Scientists have scoured the Earth searching for the oldest rocks to radiometrically date. In northwestern Canada, they discovered rocks about 4.03 billion years old.

Why are you posting, if this doesn't have your attention?   SAD.

6 hours ago, Ferret said:

On the ground report from a friend in P.V. ..... "CFE poles and cables down everywhere... will probably be without electricity for some days." Both Grace and Nora were very fast moving hurricanes and for that everyone should be grateful.

I wonder how the Ameca and Cuale are? The streets of Vallarta can be so ugly when it rains.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

Hopefully they recover quick. If major lines coming into the city get damaged those can take a month or more. 

Animal Shelter in PV destroyed.

"

** it’s worse than I ever could have imagined … these are the first pictures I’ve seen. I can’t stop crying … ***
…. The shelter in PV is gone. It was destroyed by hurricane Nora. Three cats and one dog are dead. The staff are safe. I don’t know how they managed to save the rest of those lives but they did.
You can PayPal spcapv@gmail.com
My heart is broken.
I need to add something … I need you all to know how incredibly fcking dedicated these women / staff are to these dogs. Their shelter blew into bits yesterday, the river swelling threatening ALL of their lives ( it’s not over btw ! ) the road to the shelter is absolute sht at the best of times yet this am they got 9 dogs to the airport and on a plane. This is what a shero looks like. Luz Wong Tina Kunkel Dora Chavira Perla I will never be able to express my gratitude to you. This is dedication. ♥️🙌 That is love.
  • Thanks 1