Chapala.com Webboard

TotalPlay for DUMMIES

Natasha

Totally agree with RickS! I would never give up my old copper Telmex landline. I bought an "!d!ot" phone from Walmart for about 100 pesos. No electricity? No problem! No internet service? No problem! Cell tower out of service? No problem! Sometimes the old analog technology is worth its weight in gold.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, timjwilson said:

Interesting. My ilox rarely drops. I can stream video no problem. It must be location related.

Three houses all did the same thing with ILOX in two different communities. Both video and audio steaming buffered horribly.  Google, Netflix and clear channel  (TV provider) work but many IPTV providers don't.  Frankly get no help from ILOX other than the phone works fine and other useless comments.  Gave up on them and went in to cancel and it took 1/2 an hour filling paperwork.  Viva TotalPlay!!  LOL

I had Total Play installed just over a week ago. Works great (100MB). Have my fire stick hooked up and great viewing. I kept my TelMex lines, will wait and see if I will keep them, Happy with Total Play.(Sweet)

• Thanks 1

All of this discussion only proves one thing: that the service from the three providers varies from person to person.

My personal experience: I've had Telmex fiber for more than a year. It is rock solid, no outages. The phone is crystal clear. It's less expensive than Total Play. I'm paying $599 pesos/month and getting 200 down and 100 up.

Obviously YMMV

12 hours ago, RickS said:

Well THAT is the only phone service that TP or iLOX or Telmex fiber provide!  You *may* be saying that you want to use your old physical phone.... which folks have said you can.... but that does NOT mean that you won't be using a VOIP service. 

See....t old you all I am easily confused with anything "tech" related! 😂  Really making an effort to wrap my head around this and apologize since this seems to be  so much a no-brainer for others. Yes...     I meant our old, physical phones.  Thanks for more clarification.

40 minutes ago, Tomas said:

I had Total Play installed just over a week ago. Works great (100MB). Have my fire stick hooked up and great viewing. I kept my TelMex lines, will wait and see if I will keep them, Happy with Total Play.(Sweet)

Now kind of leaning in your direction.  Drop Wizz, drop Telmex internet portion (just keep basic phone), and add TotalPlay. My current phones are (apparently 🤔) analog and I do have an old "simple" one, like Ferret, which I use when power goes out.  Thanks again to all.

• Like 1

I went yesterday to cancel Ilox because we have much better Total Play , they said I owed 525, had to pay before I could cancel, even tho I paid up till October, but My receipts are packed and on the way to Mexico city, she would not let me look at file on computer, so I paid, to get Ilox done with....One their installers is my neighbor, He said they have lost half their clients to Total Play

• Thanks 2