Chapala.com Webboard

Aljibe cleaner extraordinaire

Natasha

New thread to report and recommend.

Aljibe portionBefore you ask.....    4 ft W x 11 ft L x 9 ft deep.   

Via local Mexican connections found  Daniel Enciso  cell 331 344 3806jefe at main San Antonio pozo (well). Came Wednesday 9 a.m. to insert submersible pump.   Back at 2:30 with  BIG pressure sprayer machine and a helper. Down there until 5 pm, pumping out rest of water & guck from bottom and cleaning/inspecting walls. Also found 5- gal pailful of tree roots invading (from  outside our wall). Luckily entered above aljibe "wall" so no cracks  (he inspected carefully). Cut off roots at source. 

Discovered the valve connection between  float and water ingress was broken. I got  plumber/elec guy on the line ( knew each other) and they discussed parts needed.  Cleaned up after themselves perfectly!  I spoke Spanish with him. Did not ask about English, but he is happy to come and quote/do work.

Balance of job:

Thurs  Antonio Navarro 331 115 6014 ( excellent guy known over 12 years) came with parts for (known)  tinaco repair plus aljibe  ones requested. Brought 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch valves since he hadn't seen.  Naturally was 3/4 inch----  5 x the cost!! (brought hardware bill) but unavoidable. ALL work done---- aljibe, pump, tinaco thing, and a few other picky things on roof. Here at 9.  Gone by 11:15.  Perfect job at about 35% of prior quote (plus new stuff for aljibe portion).   Speaks English but has old style cell so no whatsapp, etc.  Said he's happy to do work but warns he's very busy so sometimes people have to wait a day or three. Makes sense because he's a really knowledgeable guy.

NOT prepared to get into various opinions of what/ how to do things. Want more info? PM me please....and have a GREAT day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yes!  These are the kind of posts that make this forum an indispensable and valuable resource!  Makes it worth putting up with the worthless babble of a few bored retired folks.

More of this please and thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

Awesome report! And thanks so much for the information!p.s. your aljibe holds about 11,000 litres of water...twice the size of mine

Yeah... it's a REALLY big 2-storey with 10 ft ceilings. Built for a growing family of 5. Don't ask how 2 people (and several pets) use ALL the space.... but we do!

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 10:08 AM, Natasha said:

New thread to report and recommend.

Aljibe portionBefore you ask.....    4 ft W x 11 ft L x 9 ft deep.   

Via local Mexican connections found  Daniel Enciso  cell 331 344 3806jefe at main San Antonio pozo (well). Came Wednesday 9 a.m. to insert submersible pump.   Back at 2:30 with  BIG pressure sprayer machine and a helper. Down there until 5 pm, pumping out rest of water & guck from bottom and cleaning/inspecting walls. Also found 5- gal pailful of tree roots invading (from  outside our wall). Luckily entered above aljibe "wall" so no cracks  (he inspected carefully). Cut off roots at source.

What did he charge, if I may ask?

15 hours ago, bdmowers said:

What did he charge, if I may ask?

I really wish I could tell you for sure.... but that job was part of a bigger one involving things to do with aljibe, tinaco, pump, 2 floats.... a real mess. IF I remember correctly it was $2,500 pesos for that part. BUT.... he's a relative of a Mexican friend.... so did I benefit a little from that or not? And remember---- this aljibe is HUGE and had 2 feet of silt at the bottom so was a full day job