Chapala.com Webboard

Landlocked Pirate ship - SAH

CHILLIN

This is horrifying on so many levels. I'm so sorry to read about the loss of this young life. Thinking of this family and such a devastating tragedy.

Val Jones

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Screw them and all the doctor pirates who work there. A woman on Facebook is appealing for help. Her 2 year toddler was admitted to SA hospital with Covid. She died. The hospital is demanding 70,000 pesos blood money ransom. A cautionary tale folks.

Very odd as that hospital is an INSABI hospital and they should not have been charged.  INSABI provides free health services to all people in Mexico who do not have Social Security. Sounds like a Facebook scam

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Sorry I read too quickly and thought it was the Hospital in Joco. 

Still the protocol is to transport  Covid patients from private hospitals to one of the designated Covid treatment hospitals in GDL. The government has a number of special transport ambulances for Covid patients and trained personnel for that job.   It seems hard to believe that the hospital in San Antonio would follow any different protocol.

Both my parents died in hospitals in the US.  Bills were sent post mortem that my family had to deal with.  Why would anyone think a private hospital in Mexico would not send a bill?  

It's certainly sad and tragic that this young girl died, but not sure the hospital is wrong to send a bill.  

• Thanks 2

There is no mention of any treatment for covid, chest scan was taken so perhaps this poor child had something else wrong with her? It doesn't show a diagnosis on the bill, so no telling. She went in with respiratory distress. No matter what it was, there was a cost to the hospital. Apparently she never got out of urgent care so she was very bad when they got her in. That was on the 17th and the bill is on the 17th. So sad.  

• Like 1

She must have been in major life threatening distress making it necessary for a thorax view[lungs/heart]. SAT will not admit a covid diagnosed patient according to my doctor.

It's a very unfortunate situation for the family and her of course. Calling the hospital and all the doctors there pirates for billing is disgusting and at the least misdirected vitriol. Unfortunate circumstance, but they did provide a billable service and that's the reality. If I  croak in a hospital I expect them to be paid for services rendered.

pedro kertesz

• Like 3