Chapala.com Webboard

Mandatory vaccines ?

What about the rights of those patients who are in need of immediate treatment from cancer, heart disease, kidney failure, organ transplants, etc but cannot receive treatment because the hospitals are full of patients who have refused a covid vaccination?    

• Like 2

Don't forget that the cancer treatment patients and those with organ transplants are immuno- compromised and need OUR help so they can be protected. We also need to protect the children. Wear a mask, keep your distance and get vaccinated. It's such a simple thing for us to protect others and ourselves at the same time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kiko said:

What about the rights of those patients who are in need of immediate treatment from cancer, heart disease, kidney failure, organ transplants, etc but cannot receive treatment because the hospitals are full of patients who have refused a covid vaccination?    

Well a good start would be to harvest organs from people that dies from COVID, "de covid" them and transplant to those in need. (It would not work for me since I have a living will that says to donate my remains to the medical department of the university of Guadalajara. (they can have fun taking a Swiss made body apart, maybe even find some moving parts ☺️).

Was recently watching the meeting with Florida Governor De Santis,  and several local

hospital administrators . One administrator of a 1200 + bed hospital stated that although

the beds were full, less than 5 % of the beds were occupied by Covid patients. The other

beds were occupied by patients who had delayed care , according to him. This kind of 

information is not a headline for the mainstream media. If one does not look for something,

one is sure not to find it….

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

Was recently watching the meeting with Florida Governor De Santis,  and several local

hospital administrators . One administrator of a 1200 + bed hospital stated that although

the beds were full, less than 5 % of the beds were occupied by Covid patients. The other

beds were occupied by patients who had delayed care , according to him. This kind of 

information is not a headline for the mainstream media. If one does not look for something,

So you think one large hospital 's 5 percent is important? What about other hospitalizations for Covid-19? Not important?

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp.palmbeachpost.com/amp/5513326001

34 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

From what information I was able to find, 44% of the ICU beds are filled with Covid patients in Florida.  From NPR, a news media source I consider more reliable than the other main stream networks cartoon shows.

With Record-High Cases, Florida Emerges As COVID-19 Epicenter : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

Thank you for those helpful statistics Kiko. I believe that hospitals generally have anywhere between 10% to 15% ICU beds. If overall, less than half are occupied by Covid patients , that is certainly significant , yet does not match the headlines one often sees that the hospitals are filled with Covid patients.

20 minutes ago, southernguy said:

I believe getting vaccinated should be a personal choice, I also feel strongly that vaccinated people should wear at least 10 masks and lockdown in their homes for at least 5 years.

If it saves just one life it will be worth it.

Sorry. Another very poor attempt at humour. Being flippant in a pandemic just doesn't cut it with me.

• Like 7

One thing to keep in mind is that we all have opinions about many things but not all opinions should carry the same weight.  I have an opinion on almost any subject but I'm an expert on almost none....including vaccines and Covid 19.  So I would consider myself an :() to proclaim my opinion on , say, astrophysics, has the same value as the opinion of somebody like Neil Degrasse Tyson.  You can find "peer reviewed" papers online about the "flat earth" or "big foot" but that doesn't mean that those papers have much merit or should be considered at all next to current scientific expert opinion.  When science changes, it is based on new information coming to light...not on dogma and stubborn personal prejudice.  But that is just my opinion...  Alan

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

Thank you for those helpful statistics Kiko. I believe that hospitals generally have anywhere between 10% to 15% ICU beds. If overall, less than half are occupied by Covid patients , that is certainly significant , yet does not match the headlines one often sees that the hospitals are filled with Covid patients

I don't recall seeing ONE report that a hospital was filled completely with Covid patients.  Can you share one or two with me that had you Post this 'rebuttle'?

I am very surprised that AAirlines are not making it a mandatory requirement for all staff to get the Vaccination maybe other reason for not flying AA, I think there are a couple of other airlines with the same policy. What can go possibly wrong having employees flying all over the world and not being vaccinated and then mingling a amongst the public it serves!

• Like 2

You are correct, Rick S. I stand corrected. My statement was a hyperbole. I have heard on the radio that hospitals were filling up

with Covid patients, but the headlines are scarce.  This is the kind of headline that I was probably referring to…

from PBS News Hour , Jul 21 :  “ Covid Patients are flooding this hospital . Again.” 

Thank you for keeping me on the right path.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

That is also very true. There are many.

Honeybee, I'm going to assume that your comment about organ transplants from Covid deaths was a joke. A very poor one but a joke nevertheless. Effect of COVID-19 on the Organs (nih.gov)

Ferret, yes and no, because somewhere I read (maybe on this board) that ultra violet lights had promising results in nuking the virus. So thinking outside the box, and if this was correct, you could UV organs before transplants then it would help a lot of those in need of a transplant, because quite frankly, if you are waiting for an organ transplant, your odds of surviving are very slim because there is just not enough donors. I tried to be a donor with my Mexican Drivers license but was denied because I am over 60.☹️.

How many of you are aware that a deficiency of Vitamin D, which is actually a very powerful steroid hormone, and is important for a healthy immune system, may have implications in 9 out of 10 deaths in hospitalized patients ?   Apparently 78 % of hospitalized Covid patients are also overweight or obese.  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33260798/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/78-of-covid-19-patients-hospitalized-in-the-us-overweight-or-obese-cdc-finds.html

28 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The organs are damaged and a UV light wouldn't fix that anyway. Who would want to go through a transplant with damaged organs.

I guess my question would be "are all organs damaged". Its just a question out of curiosity since I am under the impression that this virus attacks mainly the lungs.

20 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

I guess my question would be "are all organs damaged". Its just a question out of curiosity since I am under the impression that this virus attacks mainly the lungs.

UV kills living things. That is how it treats the water in many Mexican homes, for example.  I don't think that you would want to be the recipient of an organ with some dead tissue; would you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just spent a month on mid-Vancouver Island, Comox Valley. They haven't had a case of Covid up there for about 7 months. High vaccination rate- everyone my age I met had been double vaxxed and most of the younger people in their 30s and 40s had had 1, if not 2. Mask wearing is still going on, but not required. Everyone I know and talked to have been very pro-active and compliant with the precautions.

So the fact that it is an island (though a large one) and that the vast majority of the population has acted responsibly, has worked really well. 

Getting vaxed there was easy. Made an appointment for the first day after I would be out of the 14 day after Canadian arrival quarantine, drove to the vax place, and was in and out with my first Pfizer in 30 minutes.

• Like 3