Chapala.com Webboard

J and J vac.

44 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Wrong. I didn't get A.Z. vacs.

Your Pfizer or Moderna came from the program mentioned. 

AstroZeneca vaccine's quick development was aided by funds from the program and is available in quantity to the USA because of the 1.2 billion in  funding, however at this point the FDA has not approved the vaccine for emergency use. That is why the USA is shipping AstroZeneca vaccines to other countries that have approved it. 

3 hours ago, lcscats said:

Actually and I should choke on this but Trump did a good job with operation warp speed.   Your two A.Zenica shots came from this program.  Also A.Zenica will make no profit from selling the vaccine. Cost is 3 dollars compared to 25 dollars for Pfizer.  Now I will choke for praising a Trump program.

I'd call any politician, hire or bureaucrats selling things like Operation Warp Speed as a comical grabbing onto the coat tails of industry chasing the massive profits of servicing the pandemic needs/market. I recall the fevered hacking of industries to find help on making advances in vaccines and no doubts bureaucrats in some countries helped in the hacking using government resources. When reading a new report on how much money the pharmaceutical companies have made so far I pulled a mental block on how much in the billions I saw the profits have been just by sales of covid vaccines. I'd venture they aren't paying back the Warp Speed money that was tax free.

So while I hide inside like w wind chime from the howling warp speed winds of hurricane Delta variant and all others I wonder.

Being one of the J&J Janssen vaccine people I wonder if the original poster can get information on a sources of the J&J while we all act like wind chimes blowing in the pandemic winds. Maybe calling Car 54 will help. :) 

55 minutes ago, Stream said:

I'd call any politician, hire or bureaucrats selling things like Operation Warp Speed as a comical grabbing onto the coat tails of industry chasing the massive profits of servicing the pandemic needs/market. I recall the fevered hacking of industries to find help on making advances in vaccines and no doubts bureaucrats in some countries helped in the hacking using government resources. When reading a new report on how much money the pharmaceutical companies have made so far I pulled a mental block on how much in the billions I saw the profits have been just by sales of covid vaccines. I'd venture they aren't paying back the Warp Speed money that was tax free.

So while I hide inside like w wind chime from the howling warp speed winds of hurricane Delta variant and all others I wonder.

Being one of the J&J Janssen vaccine people I wonder if the original poster can get information on a sources of the J&J while we all act like wind chimes blowing in the pandemic winds. Maybe calling Car 54 will help. :) 

The J&J shots given to people in Mexico next to the US border was from the Operation Warp Speed program.  I can't see why you won't give Trump credit. We got vaccine coming out of our ears. Nobody else does. Note Astra Zenica makes no money so give them credit also.  But hey easier to hate and be cynical isn't it?  How much did you pay for your J&J shot?  NADA  I don't like Trump but I am big enough to recognize a success story when I see it and Operation Warp Speed was/is a sucess.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, lcscats said:

The J&J shots given to people in Mexico next to the US border was from the Operation Warp Speed program.  I can't see why you won't give Trump credit. We got vaccine coming out of our ears. Nobody else does. Note Astra Zenica makes no money so give them credit also.  But hey easier to hate and be cynical isn't it?  How much did you pay for your J&J shot?  NADA  I don't like Trump but I am big enough to recognize a success story when I see it and Operation Warp Speed was/is a sucess.

Amen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

However I don’t remember Trump giving anybody else credit for anything  

That's not true.  He called Alex Jones of Infowars the day after he was elected and gave Alex and his viewers credit for his win.  

4 hours ago, lcscats said:

I can't see why you won't give Trump credit.

Because it's rather like praising a drunk driver who just killed an entire family, because he didn't flee the scene of the accident.

When someone accumulates an overabundance of demerit points for their vile attitudes and behavior, people tend not to focus on the few things they might actually or accidentally do right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Wrong. I got my Pfizer in Canada,  and those were purchased by the Canadian govt. from Belgium. Nor did Pfizer receive research and development funds from Operation Warp speed. 

Actually they did receive just under 2 billion in advance purchase guarantee from op warp speed that allowed them to move forward. Without that and the US governments work to get them approved in record time long before Canada as part of warp speed you would still be waiting. Nothing political.. Just facts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Actually they did receive just under 2 billion in advance purchase guarantee from op warp speed that allowed them to move forward. Without that and the US governments work to get them approved in record time long before Canada as part of warp speed you would still be waiting. Nothing political.. Just facts.

Exactly.

30 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Well, many countries made advance purchase orders and Germany kicked in a lot for research and development. It wasn't all made possible by the US.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nobody seems to read links these days. Even the references listed at the bottom can be enlightening.

#55 So is Pfizer part of Operation Warp Speed or not? Yes and no. (yahoo.com)

#57 Was the Pfizer vaccine part of the government’s Operation Warp Speed? - The New York Times (archive.org)

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Kiko said:

That's not true.  He called Alex Jones of Infowars the day after he was elected and gave Alex and his viewers credit for his win.  

Come on man. He gave NYPD credit for willing to let him shot somebody on 5th Ave NYC with no problems. NYPD never said a thing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lcscats said:

Maybe it has something to do with being like thanking a guy who started building fires across the US then thinking it's proper to thank him for giving money to pharmaceutical companies. His honest opinion was "magically disappearing just watch". Reality was all the warning were there but no try to do the right thing till the virus had taken hold. The sickest mental case routine was the WHO and China warned everyone profusely while the US and UK thumbed their noses at them with Trump saying he's cutting ties with the WHO. We are talking NYC warped. 

Concerning Operation Warp Speed. That trick was to put all distribution into the control of the White House. You might recall it being used as foreign leverage. You know, the US wants industries free reign in your country or you don't get vaccines and we won't okay your vaccines while thousands die. Even the Sputnik V vaccine was blocked through political channels when thousands are dying. India is a prime example who faced political pressures to not manufacture Sputnik V the Russians were willing to let them do. Tell me about who gets credit. Nothing wrong with that?  I read the Warp Speed authorization to manufacturers and it allowed anything as long as they say it's good with no repercussions on the company. This was all off topic. But not off topic of blocking other nations from being able to produce another nations vaccines isn't something to credit a person with a pat of the back. Besides I'm not a cheerleader. Just a simple retired guy that knows when the chain of command is ate up.

On topic is where's the warp speed seeing national coverage of vaccines aren't available. Typically flu vaccines are available for anyone.

• Sad 1

If anyone is going to choke on praising anyone, it's going to be praising Big Pharma. They got it done, and they will make billions of dollars. The only thing the Trump admin did was promise to buy a lot of product for the citizens of the US. Which is what they were supposed to do.

I refer you to Chris Rock for his definition of people that try to claim credit for doing what they are SUPPOSED to do.

• Like 2

I don't know, but, like everything else it is a lie that tRump had anything to do with Project Warp Speed. It is surprising that he could remember the 3 work phrase. I hope this isn't too political just stating the facts as I see them to a prior post. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, HarryB said:

I don't know, but, like everything else it is a lie that tRump had anything to do with Project Warp Speed. It is surprising that he could remember the 3 work phrase. I hope this isn't too political just stating the facts as I see them to a prior post. 

Yes your post  is political.  The fact we were able to get vaccines in record time is has nothing to do with politics or if you dislike or like someone.  At no time has any vaccine been developed and made available in such a short time. We can be thankful to the results of Operation Warp Speed that was headed by many individuals allowing  those who wish to be vaccinated can be vaccinated.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stream said:

The Janssen COVID-19 vaccine or Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is a COVID-19 vaccine that was developed by Janssen Vaccines in Leiden, Netherlands, and its Belgian parent company Janssen Pharmaceuticals, subsidiary of American company Johnson & Johnson.

• Like 2