Chapala.com Webboard

HELP! Please help save my life.... UNGENT.

I need to borrow an oxygen concentrator. When I moved to Chapala 4 years ago I brought one but didn't have the need but Doctor Sam did for a patient and I let it go.

My COPD has flared to a fatal situation. Oxy level range from 83 to 87. I now an in Melaque, went to the Jalisco clinic in Cihuatlán, and was placed in a hall bed with another in the hall attached to the building with three rooms. All covid except me. I have been vaxed. No mask, no sheet, no water, no toilet, and was quickly told to supply a helper or leave. I left the next morning.

Can you spare yours for a month maximum? I will arraign transport and whatever to get it here. PLEASE. 

Angus i know nothing about this equipment, but I did find them for sale (several models/options) on both MercadoLibre and Amazon Mexico. Also, I THINK I remember that Sra. Lidia, who supplies in-home nursing care etc. in Lakeside area   and who has/had a connection to the local medical supplies store might rent you one.Her cell is 333 156 9080  

Doesn't exactly offer you the fastest/best solution, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Pretty sure IF you have to buy one that MercadoLibre will get it to you faster than Amazon Mx. And GOOD LUCK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just called a Mexican nurse I know who does home nursing services etc. and who knows "people" in various places that have them, and will rent them out. She's checking the closest available and the cost (told her one month) and she'll get back to me ASAP:  If you want to call me (land line) it's 376 766 3580

OR call her yourself directly if you speak Spanish:  Rosario  333 947 7504

• Like 2

I do not have a source of oxygen.

But, my suggestion is that if you can not have O2 in your house within 2- 3  hours, with your level  that low,[ you stated 83 - 87 )

I would go to the Ajijic Clinic / Hospital..  they can monitor your O2 Sat level and provide oxygen and support  you until  you get oxygen in your household.

You will be in a room, and not a hall.  and they will not empty your wallet. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

I would go to the Ajijic Clinic / Hospital..  they can monitor your O2 Sat level and provide oxygen and support  you until  you get oxygen in your household.

Jackie he's in Melaque (next door to Barra de Navidad) on the coast.... so that's not an option for him.

I have this portable for sale brand new never used warranty  up to 6 liters per minute. Not cheap. Problem I am in San Carlos in Sonora. Not cheap. $2800.00 dollars. Just what I paid for it. Includes extra battery connects to car power or home. I wish you the best. 

IMG_3576.thumb.JPG.014282b8bd3e3fb9466a2a3c6406f964.JPGI have this one for sell b

I sent Angus a few pm's, one of which I am sharing here for OTHERS who also have COPD. A hot and humid climate makes it harder to breathe. Please choose your location carefully if you suffer from it. Angus has planned to move to Thailand eventually. Hmmm.

Angus, I know you will do as you please but please reconsider living in a hot/humid climate... a climate that is also ripe with mold and mildew for many months.

https://www.anthem.com/blog/living-healthy/how-the-weather-can-cause-copd-exacerbation/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

I sent Angus a few pm's, one of which I am sharing here for OTHERS who also have COPD. A hot and humid climate makes it harder to breathe. Please choose your location carefully if you suffer from it. Angus has planned to move to Thailand eventually. Hmmm.

How about lakeside???

Just now, bmh said:

I know 3 people with covid that were vaccinated so it protects you from a serious case maybe but not from getting it.

NO vaccine protects anyone from getting it, not covid nor the Flu.