Chapala.com Webboard

Building code???

14 minutes ago, ambconsultants said:

Not allowed on property line. Usually must be between 2 to 3 meters from boundery depending on municipality. Other than that there is nothing that prohibits views into other properties. Maybe a tree.....

Well actually depending on location houses can be built on property line. ( just think if central Chapala, San Antonio, or Ajijic)  Depending for example on a fraccs rules a one meter from property line is allowed. As to windows viewing into neighbors yards of course they are allowed. I have built a few houses in Chapala where this was the case and the  plans were approved in some cases by a fracc as well as the municipality. There are neighborhoods in the Chapala municipality without walls between back yards so of couse a back window could see into a neighbors yard. I can see part of my neighbors back yard from my bedroom window. 

• Thanks 1

If the construction is on the property line then no windows are allowed if they look out onto the neighbor.  With all the two, and now three, story houses along with miradors on top, it is likely that somebody will be able to see into your yard even without being on the property line.

Alan

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, these rules/laws are very poorly enforced, now much less than say 20 years ago. People are supposed to keep their own portion of a sidewalk repaired and well-looked-after, too, and I rarely see that now. Major tree alteration requires licencing, and yet I see people openly discussing how to avoid that. Three story houses are verboten in most township areas, and yet look what happens. Building on federal lakefront also illegal, and just look at all the construction, with trucks running late into the night. The list is endless.