Chapala.com Webboard

Assisted living places?

16 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I thought The Moon was strictly Independent 

They offer 2 meals a day and housekeeping plus some activities. No nursing type assistance.

Cedros, not all of us are wealthy. What we would consider perfectly acceptable might not meet your much higher standards. Think many of us find a Days Inn comfortable and you would only accept a 5-star hotel. It's all in your perspective.

On 7/30/2021 at 5:27 PM, Natasha said:

This and your other earlier replies are the reason why yous should be doing this search by yourself.... because  individuals will always have personal likes/dislikes/wants/needs etc. and you don't seem to want to agree with anyone else on this.

True. I did the research first and was hoping for some new ideas. Interestingly three of the nicer places weren't even mentioned here. I'm not wealthy just curious.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

oh do tell us of your research so we can all benefit. 

What is the point of asking a question and telling everyone you know more than they do??

The point is I am trying not to miss anything as a lot of BS gets posted here. I don't pretend to know more that others but I may have seen more.

12 hours ago, bmh said:

why don t you post your list with your comments and ask people to add their suggestions, that way we could all benefit from everyone s suggestions.. 

What is the point of asking a question and telling everyone you know more than they do?

It is obvious from some of the answers that many people have not seen most of the care homes.

• Sad 3

I don't imagine anyone in his or her right mind will be moving to any care home without checking it out in person, so why are people who haven't seen the places themselves bothering to post?

I would appreciate hearing opinions by those who have checked out the places, and that, of course, includes the OP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/1/2021 at 10:24 PM, MtnMama said:

They offer 2 meals a day and housekeeping plus some activities. No nursing type assistance.

Cedros, not all of us are wealthy. What we would consider perfectly acceptable might not meet your much higher standards. Think many of us find a Days Inn comfortable and you would only accept a 5-star hotel. It's all in your perspective.

If you can stay at a Days Inn you can stay anywhere, good for you.

• Haha 2

On 8/1/2021 at 10:24 PM, MtnMama said:

True. I am not wealthy just curious.

19 hours ago, bmh said:

why don t you post your list with your comments and ask people to add their suggestions, that way we could all benefit from everyone s suggestions.. 

What is the point of asking a question and telling everyone you know more than they do?

I never said I know more that they do. I have just seen a lot more of them than most. I asked to see if there was more information.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, cedros said:

True. I did the research first and was hoping for some new ideas. Interestingly three of the nicer places weren't even mentioned here.

... and you have been asked to share this info with the Board. Why the reluctance?  Surely they exist, no?  As you said, it would be 'Interesting(ly)' to us all. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, RickS said:

... and you have been asked to share this info with the Board. Why the reluctance?  Surely they exist, no?  As you said, it would be 'Interesting(ly)' to us all. 

Many would not believe it  and make negative comments so why bother.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Just the usual repetitive B S one has grown to expect from cedros …start a thread with a question then contradict  anyone who answers.

That is why I don't post what I have seen.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RickS said:

My last post on this subject. Nice places for some reason are in high demand right now. I am collecting this information for 2 ladies who don't use this Board. I think they deserve first chance to choose which they like. After they choose I could report what I think are the better ones. Yesterday one place was booked sight unseen by somone from the North.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

@cedros Did you go by The Moon?  Is it enough 'assistance" for you?  Or maybe you can state what it is you need...

I have checked out the Moon several times but no pets are allowed.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, bmh said:

I will post the list when the ladies have decided as they deserve to get first choice. Meanwhile I found  a dandy independent one in Riberas that has no name and never advertises. The owner contacted me privately from these postings.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, RickS said:

Because the ladies I am doing this for asked me not to.

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, Ian Greenwood said:

Just the usual repetitive B S one has grown to expect from cedros …start a thread with a question then contradict  anyone who answers.

You will see how wrong you are when I post the list.

• Haha 2

On 8/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, gringal said:

I don't imagine anyone in his or her right mind will be moving to any care home without checking it out in person, so why are people who haven't seen the places themselves bothering to post?

I would appreciate hearing opinions by those who have checked out the places, and that, of course, includes the OP.

Right, and if the home provides meals you should try them or at least ask residents what they think of the food.