Chapala.com Webboard

Apostille Services

Is this an American document or Mexican? If it's an American document, my sister can get it done for you. Her name is Selecia Young-Jones and she's a certified Notary out of Jacksonville, FL. She is able to legally notarize documents remotely using the relatively new technology (Remote on-line Notary) known as RON and has assisted many folks lakeside since the pandemic.  She has also done several Apostille documents for folks needing them done in the U.S.

You can contact her using WhatsApp at 904-333-7311 or her email at:  rainbownotaryandnuptials.com

Hope this helps you.

Salud,

Val Jones :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thevalerieleigh said:

Is this an American document or Mexican? If it's an American document, my sister can get it done for you. Her name is Selecia Young-Jones and she's a certified Notary out of Jacksonville, FL. She is able to legally notarize documents remotely using the relatively new technology (Remote on-line Notary) known as RON and has assisted many folks lakeside since the pandemic.  She has also done several Apostille documents for folks needing them done in the U.S.

You can contact her using WhatsApp at 904-333-7311 or her email at:  rainbownotaryandnuptials.com

Hope this helps you.

Salud,

Val Jones :)

Only the Secretary of State for the state involved can create one. The  Apostille is a certification recognized by certain countries. Only the Secretary of State for the state involved can create one. recognized by various countries that sighed a special accord. Canada is not one.

There is no need to pay a third party and pay extra for them to order it for you. Most states, if not all, offer the service on-line

They will create a certified copy of the original document and attach the Apostille to the document in a manner that if separated it would be obvious

Thank you. This is for a friend who is moving to Spain and needs an FBI criminal report apostilized  in order to get her visa for Spain.  It is not a state document.  I had thought there was somewhere in Chapala that did this.

4 hours ago, foto519 said:

Thank you. This is for a friend who is moving to Spain and needs an FBI criminal report apostilized  in order to get her visa for Spain.  It is not a state document.  I had thought there was somewhere in Chapala that did this.

How to Order an FBI Background Check Apostille: As of July 2021, Only Some Options Are Available

Order on your own, Request by mail, 10 to 14 Weeks (average)

Emergency, Walk-In Service, Currently Not Available in 2021

Federal Apostille Service Providers 3 to 6 weeks on average (as of July 2021)

Request a State Apostille for an FBI Background Check (valid only in some cases and a few countries) 7 to 14 days

https://www.sespanish.com/how-to-get-an-apostille-for-an-fbi-background-check/

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Every time this subject is raised Valerie kindly offers helpful  information, only to be followedby the other no you can't expert's....I am not sure what is or is not correct and wish someone who has used Valerie suggestion would share their experiences. please 

Valerie's sister is a Notary Public. She can notarize documents.  The OP's friend doesn't need a document notarized. They need a document apostilled. 

Having used apostilled documents for transactions in multiple countries that signed the Hague Apostille Convention I am aware of exactly what they are and how to obtain them.  If that makes me a "no you can't expert"  I'm guilty.

An Apostille is simply the name for a specialized certificate, issued by the Secretary of State. The Apostille is attached to your original document to verify it is legitimate and authentic so it will be accepted in one of the other countries who are members of the Hague Apostille Convention.

In the United States, all 50 states and the Federal Government (US Department of State – Office of Authentication) can issue an Apostille.

1.JPG

• Thanks 1

Mostly Lost is absolutely correct about an Apostille. My sister, Selecia Young-Jones, also offers the service of getting documents to the proper Secretary of State, the Apostille and either returns it to the person requesting it or on to the country requiring it. She has done this for many years not only for my personal needs but others lakeside. Unlike many providers who offer this service, Selecia does it for a considerably low price.

Honestly, I don't have a horse in this race other than to let local folks lakeside know there are legal options available at affordable prices. I've been amazed to learn what some have paid to get a facilitator NOB to get an Apostille for someone who is lakeside.

Those who have used my sister to either notarize documents using the RON (remote online notary) service or have her facilitate getting their documents sent, obtain the Apostille from the Secretary of State and return it or send it on, have been happy with her service and fees. She's just another option available to those needing these services.

Salud!

Val Jones. :)

My office can apostille documents, we can do documents from Jalisco, the US and England.

• Like 1