Chapala.com Webboard

general house repair contractor

I do like to give work to the individuals who need work around Chapala but I am afraid they just don't seem to finish or have the tools to do the work satisfactory. 

I have stucco hairline cracks I need repaired that were in the house for a while. I would like to finish all the eyesores in order to sell the house. So I need a general contractor with the tools and time to do this work. Need some help if anyone knows who can do this. 

It is tough right now, all the good help is busy as all get out.  I wanted my regular guy to do some metal painting but will have to wait until the Fall to get him.  I'm grouping other projects in to extend the time and paying him a premium over normal construction wages to motivate him to fit me in.  His work and work ethic and reliability is excellent so to me it is worth the wait and a little extra dinero.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

It is tough right now, all the good help is busy as all get out.  I wanted my regular guy to do some metal painting but will have to wait until the Fall to get him.  I'm grouping other projects in to extend the time and paying him a premium over normal construction wages to motivate him to fit me in.  His work and work ethic and reliability is excellent so to me it is worth the wait and a little extra dinero.

Definitely the right attitude to get things done. I am reluctant to name my contractor on this board because by and large I don't see this attitude forthcoming.

• Like 1

National guard guys might have a construction group of guys with free time and they are in town from what I've read. They even took photos of themselves by the lake. US army engineers call it horizontal for foundation work and vertical for everything above. If you are lucky some of the engineers are mixed into the guard guys in town. The recently flooded river area to the east should have some of them touching bases with Chapala. Their tools? Well you bought them with taxes ;)

9 hours ago, glws7777 said:

I do like to give work to the individuals who need work around Chapala but I am afraid they just don't seem to finish or have the tools to do the work satisfactory. 

I have stucco hairline cracks I need repaired that were in the house for a while. I would like to finish all the eyesores in order to sell the house. So I need a general contractor with the tools and time to do this work. Need some help if anyone knows who can do this. 

I send you a PM! 

Home Depot over here has a contractor check out cashier off to the side. Maybe a place like that would have the answer to who buys the most and has the most tools and jobs. I'm sure after the flood damages to the east a bunch of repairmen are going to be over there. Then there's always youtube do it yourself videos with what products work the best.