Chapala.com Webboard

Neighbor Problem

Zeb

Glyphosate is used around edible and nonedible plants to eliminate broad-leaf weeds. ... Glyphosate is biodegradable and breaks down in sunlight. However, once it enters a water system through runoff or by permeating the soil into the groundwater, glyphosate does not break down as quickly.

I was a registered pesticide application person in New York when I was young.  At classes we were taught to only use roundup on sunny days. Most people don't read the label and look only at dose information. So lets be fair at least follow the instructions if you are going to use roundup. I don't use the stuff as we pull all our weeds by hand (well my wifes hands:-).  We also only use horse manure, fish liquid and raw tobacco to kill bugs in the lawn and fertilize the lawn and garden. Follow the instructions and the effect is much less.  No use in the rain absolutely or even cloudy days. Now you want to talk about Glyphosate resistant weeds?  This is a failed product.

Edited by lcscats
adding something

Don't let the Chapala Director of Ecologico catch you. Without the proper permits, a 100,000 peso fine. Of course he would never think of going on the internet to find the culprit, would he? And your neighbor would never complain to him that you killed her trees.

If it is a large tree most if not all these suggestions are not correct.  You have to be careful if you kill a tree in Mexico you can be fined since all trees belong to the country and permission must be granted for their removal.  I don't think this is a matter to be discussed publicly.

1 hour ago, lcscats said:

Glyphosate is used around edible and nonedible plants to eliminate broad-leaf weeds. ... Glyphosate is biodegradable and breaks down in sunlight. However, once it enters a water system through runoff or by permeating the soil into the groundwater, glyphosate does not break down as quickly.

I was a registered pesticide application person in New York when I was young.  At classes we were taught to only use roundup on sunny days. Most people don't read the label and look only at dose information. So lets be fair at least follow the instructions if you are going to use roundup. I don't use the stuff as we pull all our weeds by hand (well my wifes hands:-).  We also only use horse manure, fish liquid and raw tobacco to kill bugs in the lawn and fertilize the lawn and garden. Follow the instructions and the effect is much less.  No use in the rain absolutely or even cloudy days. Now you want to talk about Glyphosate resistant weeds?  This is a failed product.

In another thread I offered to gave away a bag of pipe tobacco and there were no takers. Come and get it if you want it?

On 7/22/2021 at 12:34 PM, lcscats said:

That glyphosate biodegrades fully was/is an unfortunate obfuscation promoted by Monsanto/Bayer. It destroys or inhibits many beneficial soil microorganisms. Perhaps worse it has become a popular 'tool' of many large grain farmers in Canada and the US to hasten senescence making for a timely harvest. Because of this, glyphosate is detectable in many vegetable oils (especially canola) and virtually all cereals. Nice eh?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:35 PM, CHILLIN said:

Don't let the Chapala Director of Ecologico catch you. Without the proper permits, a 100,000 peso fine. Of course he would never think of going on the internet to find the culprit, would he? And your neighbor would never complain to him that you killed her trees.

I had a cranberry farm for years and Ocean Spray encouraged us to use Roundup. It worked very well.

The fraccionamientos here with cobble stone streets use Roundup on a regualr basis.

10 hours ago, bmh said:

Once Chillin reads what zeb wrote , he may realize that his answers on tree killing are totally off the subject but that is what he wants to talk about so it may take a while.. Good luck..

Correct. I said nothing about killing anything, only trimming.

13 hours ago, bmh said:

Once Chillin reads what zeb wrote , he may realize that his answers on tree killing are totally off the subject but that is what he wants to talk about so it may take a while.. Good luck..

Hey Bubba, still studying to be a moderator? First rule on this forum, big letters, keep it civil and non personal.

I have seen many trees killed by trimmers who do not have a clue.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Hey Bubba, still studying to be a moderator? First rule on this forum, big letters, keep it civil and non personal.

I have seen many trees killed by trimmers who do not have a clue.

Too funny, you, chillin aka gary waller, accussing bmh ,who is not bubba but his wife, of something you do with regularity.-SNORK!

pedro kertesz

What is too funny, you only insult women, as proven on this very thread.

Must be the experience you had insulting a local cancer patient who had his veteran son, with PTSD, visiting him. They attended a pool party and some drunk started calling his son "a babykiller" and "a coward". The son pushed the drunk in the pool. You publicly supported the drunk, and they offered to pay you a visit to discuss it. Ha ha, you hid in your house for a whole week like a baby bunny, and hired a so called bodygaurd. Maybe discuss this with your mental therapist?

Bubba rarely makes spelling mistakes.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

What is too funny, you only insult women, as proven on this very thread.

Must be the experience you had insulting a local cancer patient who had his veteran son, with PTSD, visiting him. They attended a pool party and some drunk started calling his son "a babykiller" and "a coward". The son pushed the drunk in the pool. You publicly supported the drunk, and they offered to pay you a visit to discuss it. Ha ha, you hid in your house for a whole week like a baby bunny, and hired a so called bodygaurd. Maybe discuss this with your mental therapist?

You just proved that you are the poster boy for lies  filled personal attacks.I am an equal opportunity insulter[sic] only when it's necessary and have not insulted any female in this thread. The alleged cancer patient you refer to was a violent drunk and wife abuser. Therapy is too late for you it seems.-SNORK!

On 7/19/2021 at 5:25 PM, ibarra said:

Ecologia in Chapala may be able to assist with this.  Do your Bylaws have any wording regarding unattended shrubs/ trees? 

I would try this route first or hire a lawyer. My neighbour had great sucess hiring lawyer Adrian Perez. The offending tree was quickly cut down by the owner.

• Like 1