Chapala.com Webboard

Checkpoint at the La Floresta lights?

11 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Lakeside  ..the death rate ratio due to traffic accidents per  hundred thousand population..in Mexico is actually lower than the USA . In fact traffic deaths in the USA are the leading cause of death  for people below 55 .

Ian I am not suggesting what , where  or which country has the lest accident rate, BUT the consequences and the corruption  factors. I guess there is a reason for the high car rental rates in Mexico..

24 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Over 800 cars per 1000 people in the U.S. versus about 300 for Mexico.  That needs to be taken into account when comparing accident rates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita

Like most (bad) statistics in Mexico I would suggest they are under reported. Plus the the new driver will learn from a relative who has limited driving skills and the driving test depends on payment for services, not skill

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, Mainecoons said:

Very sad.  I suspect there were two people riding on the scooter, without helmets or protective gear as usual.  The car hit a CFE post.  There are pictures on Facebook.

Most certainly, like they do here in Joco.  Un-helmeted mom and dad with 2 little ones wedged between them blasting down the streets "a toda maquina"!  Crazy!

A few months ago the owner of the best tacos in Joco crashed his bike which split him in half.  He lay on the street with spilt viscera waiting for over an hour for the "bomberos" to arrive.  First person on the scene and who called the bomberos said he was conscious and talking for quite some time but finally bled out.  Talk about terrible!   I can't figure out why the bomberos took theirs sweet time!  There are 2 or 3 ambulances parked at the clinic that they never seem to want to use.  And they appear to be in good functioning condition.  Guess they don't want to get them dirty?   I hear the Cruz Roja in Chapala is top not notch though.  Just don't have an accident in Joco I guess the is lesson here.

Life doesn't seem to have too much value here sometimes.  One of the drawbacks of living here.

• Like 1