Chapala.com Webboard

How Mexico Forgot its Covid Crisis

RickS

30 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Wow. Because they have the background and the knowledge that you don't?

Do you take your car to a mechanic? Do you hire plumbers or electricians or carpenters when you need them? Do you climb tall trees that have to be pruned? Do you hire legal advice when needed? etc. etc. ? I'm not saying take the FIRST one since it's advisable to get multiple opinions (at least three) for anything that you yourself are not qualified to do. But, holy moly, that's an incredible statement for you to make.

ever hear of a second opinion ?--guess not !

On 7/17/2021 at 2:04 PM, RickS said:

why do you listen to American nonsense--AMLO has to make a decision . if he locks up Mexico more will die--Mexico is a poor country--but you gringos don't get it !!

18 minutes ago, Ferret said:

You don't even comprehend well. I SAID get at least THREE opinions on everything. 

sorry; I'm not good with taking orders--HA--anyway ; you people have to learn to leave your baggage at the border--and most of all" DON'T " SHEIT" WHERE YOU EAT"  __HA--signed '

,  not GRINGO---  Pure Mexican--!

Something for the vaccine proponents to think about:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/07/convincing-the-skeptics/

But a study done at MIT showed that a substantial portion of public-health skepticism was highly informed, scientifically literate, and sophisticated in the use of data. Skeptics used the same data sets as those with the orthodox views on public health. From a writeup of the study:

Combining computational and anthropological insights led the researchers to a more nuanced understanding of data literacy. Lee says their study reveals that, compared to public health orthodoxy, “antimaskers see the pandemic differently, using data that is quite similar. I still think data analysis is important. But it’s certainly not the salve that I thought it was in terms of convincing people who believe that the scientific establishment is not trustworthy.” Lee says their findings point to “a larger rift in how we think about science and expertise in the U.S.” That same rift runs through issues like climate change and vaccination, where similar dynamics often play out in social media discussions.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Something for the vaccine proponents to think about: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/07/convincing-the-skeptics/

The National Review is an extremely Conservative publication. However, for those anti-proponents like you who filter the data their own special way, here is one of the latest headlines from that very publication: National Review Says the Vaccines Are Good: A Collection, listing a bunch of their own articles recommending vaccines.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/national-review-says-the-vaccines-are-good-a-collection/

"In fact, the evidence is clear: National Review has been emphatic and relentless in extolling the virtues of these medical miracles. Moreover, we’ve advocated the vaccines by being harsh on the demagogues and patient with the laymen — a strategy I would say is both righteous and effective."

12 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Why would anyone go to a doctor for anything if you can't trust what they tell you.?

10 hours ago, Ferret said:

Wow. Because they have the background and the knowledge that you don't?

Ferret, I *think* the knife-man was sort of making a funny.... if one had a doctor for 20 years, it probably isn't necessary to say that you 'trust' them.....

I am relieved that jerks like Booby bruin, would never be allowed to live in Canada or the U.S.A. I would be welcomed in both, if I were Mexican.  Invited to live in the U.S.A. to work on a expedited visa to work in Vegas and Hollywood by the OP & CMIA Union in the 1990,'s. Also belong to Teamsters, via IATSE.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

I am relieved that jerks like Booby bruin, would never be allowed to live in Canada or the U.S.A. I would be welcomed in both, if I were Mexican.  Invited to live in the U.S.A. to work on a expedited visa to work in Vegas and Hollywood by the OP & CMIA Union in the 1990,'s. Also belong to Teamsters, via IATSE.

so am I--Who would want to live in a  dictatorship like the US and Canada--that's why escaped the silicon curtain ---HA

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

you're right--salute your queen for me--HA--as for the US--it's gone-

On 7/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, Mainecoons said:

Interesting piece of data here.  An anomaly or a trend?

This is readily checked so I won't list the source because it would just result in an ad hom deluge and none of you would go look it up like I did.  The numbers are correct for the two week time period cited.

And a rather interesting graph:

All Deaths Reported to VAERS

WOW !--there goes that hocky stick again--got my vote !---HA