Chapala.com Webboard

TV HAS BLACK SCREEN

Hi electronics fiends. Yesterday picture went out while watching (local cable). Turned off. Turned back on.  Picture struggled for a moment and then came back.

This morning sound works, channel change works, but black screen.  Changed batteries. Nada Can't try Firestick because can't "see" to change to HDMI.

Large flat screen (4K Ultra HD LED , 6 1/2 years old, only a few hours per day. Yes I know it's a cheap Walmart brand but was price the purse could pay at the time. Is there such a thing as  TV repairman these days  for this? Or is it dead in the water?  Thanks in advance.

You can take it to the TV repair service in San Juan Cosala. Jose Teleservicios Calvario. On the highway, almost directly below the cell tower on the lakeside. 387-761-0379. My tv had the same problem but they couldn't repair it in a satisfactory manner (aka picture but very bad resolution). imho, time to upgrade if at all possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW, I bought another TV from Walmart. I shopped online and got a great sale price... and had it delivered to our local Walmart and picked it up. I'm telling you this because our LOCAL Walmart did not have the TV I wanted at the sale price. :)

My TV did the same thing last week, but I talked to a friend who explained that the sound and the picture come through different wires and he suggested that I check the wires. Sure enough, one was loose and the TV has been fine ever since.  I must have bumped that wire when I was dusting behind the TV, and that's why I lost the picture.  Check your wires before you take it to a TV shop.

• Like 1

Gracias.  Yes it appears the video card is fried. GGRRRRR   ML also has some..... now a question of $$ vs getting a better quality unit .   I guess that's why the old sayinggfoes " it's made round to go  (a)round"...........

Thankyou AP but this one came from WM and turns out to be a tier 3 brand. (What difference did I know?---- nada, that's what --- but I do now 😬). Also the next (smaller) TV purchase from them which I REALLY messed has no "change language" option.  So will go to ML and pay a little more for tier one product.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Hi electronics fiends. Yesterday picture went out while watching (local cable). Turned off. Turned back on.  Picture struggled for a moment and then came back.

This morning sound works, channel change works, but black screen.  Changed batteries. Nada Can't try Firestick because can't "see" to change to HDMI.

Large flat screen (4K Ultra HD LED , 6 1/2 years old, only a few hours per day. Yes I know it's a cheap Walmart brand but was price the purse could pay at the time. Is there such a thing as  TV repairman these days  for this? Or is it dead in the water?  Thanks in advance.

I second the recommendation for Teleservicios Calvario in San Juan Cosala. I have had exactly the same thing happen twice to one of my TVs. They repaired it quickly and inexpensively both times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I second the recommendation for Teleservicios Calvario in San Juan Cosala. I have had exactly the same thing happen twice to one of my TVs. They repaired it quickly and inexpensively both times.

Thankyou, but in this case 2 knowledgeable techie friends talked me thru' some diagnostics and concluded the video "chip" (whatever) is fried.  Dead forever.  Bought a new one on MercadoLibre today.... excellent price as one-day-special.  (Better than Amazon.mx)

• Like 2

OK... enough already!! To those who think it might be repairable...Ferret, Curmudgeon, Mainecoons, and Johanson and anyone else who wants to leap into the fray.... and knowing I'm certainly not infallible, especially with anything remotely tech-related:

Have I got a deal for you!  Come and get it (bring something to wrap it in) along with manual and  remote (batteries included). Goes to first one in the door.  Take it to SJC.  IF the guy thinks he can repair it......

(1) pay the piper and get yourself a "free" 55 inch flat screen Smart TV

(2)  same as # 1 but be a hero and donate it to a person/family/ ?? of your choice

(3)  tell the guy to go ahead and fix in on HIS dime, and then HE can either keep it for himself/family or give it away to a needy person/family (SJC certainly not lacking in that category).

Hoping  somebody can come out a winner in this.🤞 Just don't ever bring it back 🤣            376 766 3580 to arrange  (phone has answering machine)

• Like 3
  • Haha 5