Chapala.com Webboard

Need Auto Mechanic

Moy did the restoration and maintenance on my '83 Renault R5 including making tools for it. I have seen older VW'S in his shop. I used Ron for a long time but not anymore. His brother Al is an excellent machinist though, for making parts. I am going to have Moy build me a custom moto trike so that I can ride again.

IMG_1245.jpg

moy's #.jpg

reggie renault 2a.jpg

IMG_1044reg.jpg

Felipe Morales   AutoCheck

331-464-2324 Cell  

Hidalgo #90A   Riberas, immediately west of the Wizz Cable Office, down an alley so to speak.

Felipe was trained in the US, speaks fluent English, is a good and honest mechanic. I have used him to 'inspect'  newly purchased used cars several times, and fix minor problems if necessary (brakes, steering joints, shocks, bearings, oil changes etc.  Many times, including just a month ago, he did an inspection for me and recommended that I fix.... nothing!  One thing he said might need some attention in a year or two but was too expensive a fix to do now, before it was really a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/14/2021 at 7:43 AM, timjwilson said:

On this subject is anyone aware of a mechanic capable of solder circuit board repair? This includes such things as car computers, ABS modules, etc. I already tried Moises in Riberas but he is not this far into auto electronics.

My computer ace,  Adrian, uses an electronics repair shop in Guadalajara. Has all the scopes and testers. In Canada, where I am from, there is only one guy in Quebec who can do board level repairs on automobile computers, which can cost much over $2,000 to replace. He makes the repair, couriers you back the board, with a one year warrantee, for a lot less money.

Adrian and his brother play around with electronics repairs. They are better than I am. Do you want their number? There is an oldschool way of feeling around circuit boards to find the 'hot' components, then freeze them with Freon. 

I just realised I have spent way too much time hanging around with geeks. And myself, the Mad Professor.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

My computer ace,  Adrian, uses an electronics repair shop in Guadalajara. Has all the scopes and testers. In Canada, where I am from, there is only one guy in Quebec who can do board level repairs on automobile computers, which can cost much over $2,000 to replace. He makes the repair, couriers you back the board, with a one year warrantee, for a lot less money.

Adrian and his brother play around with electronics repairs. They are better than I am. Do you want their number? There is an oldschool way of feeling around circuit boards to find the 'hot' components, then freeze them with Freon. 

I just realised I have spent way too much time hanging around with geeks. And myself, the Mad Professor.

Sure; shoot their contact info. My buddy in Vancouver is an expert at this. He has saved me thousands over the years. Failing this, I'll try teaching myself and my right hand to do this on an ABS modulator.

Alan's Automotive service and repair In Chapala.   331-176-9733.  

He is very fond of and knowledgeable about old VW bugs.  He has maintained my 1992 bug for several years. He has found and replaced old parts. He re-did my suspension with air bags and new bigger tires which has transformed my ride esp. on cobblestones.  He also re-did my entire interior to my custom specifications. I trust him completely.  I have used Ron Young but greatly prefer Alan.  He also comes and gets my car in La Floresta for servicing and returns it to my house (I tip him for that) and his prices are very fair.  He has always treated me right.

• Like 1