Chapala.com Webboard

Both already spoken for2 wireless Telcel wireless modems free to anyone that can use them

I have 2 wireless Telcel modems or routers....whatever they are called that I used for internet prior to my Total Play installation. They work anywhere there is reasonable cell reception but dont get very fast internet. They do both work however and I was able to stream (most of the time) with one or the other. Service with Telcel monthly is $399 pesos for 8 GB per month  or with Sandra at a small Telcel kiosk near El Torritos for $500 pesos for "supposedly" unlimited service. I had the two and paid for both services and at least I usually had internet. Better than nothing but not nearly as good as Total Play. Each cost just over $1000 pesos so if you live in an area that does not get Total Play or anything else and do have decent cell service they would at a minimum connect you to the internet. Free to anyone that can use them:-) 

• Susy Wilson changed the title to Both already spoken for2 wireless Telcel wireless modems free to anyone that can use them

Still would like to know how two cellular modems can have one working and one not, at the same time. For example, why would I want two iLox feeds into my house? If one goes down, the other goes down. Since cellular Internet service is provided by the same tower at a single location, I don't see how it's possible. But I stand to be corrected.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:25 AM, AndyPanda said:

Still would like to know how two cellular modems can have one working and one not, at the same time. For example, why would I want two iLox feeds into my house? If one goes down, the other goes down. Since cellular Internet service is provided by the same tower at a single location, I don't see how it's possible. But I stand to be corrected.

One of them I purchased from the main Telcel office near Walmart and it has a set amount of data for $399 pesos per month. The other I purchased over 2 year ago from Sandra in a "Telcel" kiosk near the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic, and although she says it is unlimited data with Telcel for $500 pesos per month, when I went to Telcel to pay for a month they said it is not Telcel at all! They had no idea whose service it was and really it does not work all the time or with unlimited data😕 So sometimes the one I bought from Sandra did not work (I had to call her every few days and tell her I did not have service and she would always say....."I take care of it for you" and within an hour or sometimes not for a whole day or 2, I would not have any service) and that is why I bought the one from Telcel. The one from Telcel definitely did not have enough data to stream like an hour of TV per night for a month and still have internet to check your email so predominantly I used it because it was reasonably dependable until it was out of its 8GB of data. When it was out of data and no longer worked for the month (and I was unable to get more data from Telcel for love nor money until a certain date every month) I used the one from Sandra until I was allowed to pay for more data with Telcel. I just did not want to be without internet because stuff happens and you need the web for many different things. Basically it was a matter of a set amount of data and I wanted more so I had 2 accounts so to speak to make that possible. 

Hope that satisfies your curiosity!