Chapala.com Webboard

Lake level?

I have a lot more information on the lake and it's fishes but my Opthamologist has just infromed me that I need a Vitrectomy and it is getting harder and harder to see what I am typing. Thank goodness for spell check

The lagoon at the north end of the Jocotepec malecon is geting closer to being conected to the lake again.

Don't hesitate!  You may wake up blind one morning without having the necessary vitrectomy.

If you are still hesitant to get vaccinated, you may prefer a suffocating death to being blind.

Random thoughts..........

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

Don't hesitate!  You may wake up blind one morning without having the necessary vitrectomy.

If you are still hesitant to get vaccinated, you may prefer a suffocating death to being blind.

Okay, or it may just be it is still dark. 

Have it your way.  But, you should know that, when a vitrectomy is recommended, most will be done ASAP; within 24 hours, as retinal detachment and collapse is usually sudden and without many symptoms that you will notice before it happens.  You may have a few flashes, and/or a few floaters, but many people just ignore them, as they are fleeting events. 

"He who hesitates is lost".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Have it your way.  But, you should know that, when a vitrectomy is recommended, most will be done ASAP; within 24 hours, as retinal detachment and collapse is usually sudden and without many symptoms that you will notice before it happens.  You may have a few flashes, and/or a few floaters, but many people just ignore them, as they are fleeting events. 

What RV said.  Been there, had that, lost sight in one eye.

In my case, medical error.  If they had done the vitrectomy right off, I'd still have the eye.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:40 PM, RVGRINGO said:

Events over took me I could not have it ASAP but I will very soon. Someome needs some help. A brother-in-lawl died, etc.

I will try to get it as soon ASAP.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, AndyPanda said:

And just goes to show if you aren't an expert, don't try to win an argument by Googling. I certanily know a lot more about dams around here now, but the water still comes from somewhere and we all know it's not the rain over the lake itself.

Well tell us then Andy

On 7/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, RVGRINGO said:

I sent messages like this to my retinologist and he said that is not the case. Nothing urgent for me.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:19 PM, callejera said:

Does anyone have any information on the lake level with all this rain? I am wondering if any gains are cancelled out by the water we have been sending to Guadalajara...or are we still sending it?

On the leftish side of the links page is Lake Level 15 days, 3 years etc.. Click one then wonder what it looks like :) The lake cam on this page doesn't show a level until trees and houses disappear :) You can gleam a lot of weather stuff off the website. Level is going up.

https://www.ajijicweather.com/index.htm

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, Stream said:

On the leftish side of the links page is Lake Level 15 days, 3 years etc.. Click one then wonder what it looks like :) The lake cam on this page doesn't show a level until trees and houses disappear :) You can gleam a lot of weather stuff off the website. Level is going up.

https://www.ajijicweather.com/index.htm

Yes, that is where my information came from

On 7/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, cedros said:

Events over took me I could not have it ASAP but I will very soon. Someome needs some help. A brother-in-lawl died, etc.

I will try to get it as soon ASAP.

I have had it done. It was not retinal detachment.