Chapala.com Webboard

Welcome News about highway construction near Guad

Forgot to share!  Thursday morning Guad TV news said they were 97% complete on the 4 km as of Wednesday last, and will OPEN the road each way ... with contra-flow lane  removed......as of today (Friday).    A.M.?  P.M. ?? Who cares.... it's happening! 😁

I had originally understood they would move to the the inbound lanes when west side was finished. But I either misunderstood or they are going to wait for later. The rainy season WAS mentioned, but I was only partly paying attention at story start so didn't catch the reason for that referral. Certainly makes sense they would not try and do the work with rain pelting down.

I drove through that a few times as we were getting some work done on our GDL condo.  Seems like it was always slower going north than coming south.  Glad it is over although that is just the beginning of the construction needed on that road.  Frankly, given the level of truck traffic on it it will eventually need the same kind of reconstruct as was done on the Periferico.  The asphalt overlays only last a few months before potholing.