Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccination Notice

Just got my AstraZenaca vaccine at the Technologico on the Libramiento.  It was very well run. It was supposed to be from 08:00 to 16:00. We arrived at 15:00 and we were finished and out by 16:15.  For the handicapped drive up to the main gate and tell them. They will have you double back to a gate you passed and will unlock and let you drive up to within 6 meters from the front door.

• Like 1

Walked by there today at 10:00 am and was happy and relieved to see not many people there. Big difference when they were vaccinating the elderly, when the lines were endless. I have hope and am happy that the younger crowd is thinking twice about these vaccines.

• Sad 6

SM1mex My husband got Sinovac. I asked what vaccine they were giving they told me Sinovac and the vaccination proof shows SINOVAC so unless they are giving 2 different types they are administrating SINOVAC at least at  11 am yesterday morning. Maybe they ran out of one and gave the other or who knows.. If people got Astra zeneca then they were administrating two different vaccines

Southernguy why would you go there and then hope that younger people do not get vacinated?? Many younger people were caught by surprise and did not know about the vaccines. I went with a couple in their  40s and my friends who are also in their 40 s told me they would go later this week. I saw the 3 men from the post office in Chapala there as well.

Lexy we all know that  but the next question is for the second jab since they administer sinovac after 30 to 40 days and astrecazeneca after 8 to 2 weeks are they going to come back after 30 to 40 day for the people who got Sinovac?  I believe there were few who got vaccinated with Sinovac because friends who got vaccinated 30 minutes after my husband received AstrecaZenaca.

4 hours ago, bmh said:

Lexy we all know that  but the next question is for the second jab since they administer sinovac after 30 to 40 days and astrecazeneca after 8 to 2 weeks are they going to come back after 30 to 40 day for the people who got Sinovac?  I believe there were few who got vaccinated with Sinovac because friends who got vaccinated 30 minutes after my husband received AstrecaZenaca.

I got the jab yesterday a and received a paper to present for second shot and it specifies that I received AstraZeneca at the Technologico on the Libramiento. They said the second shot for the AstraZeneca vac may be as late as 90 days.

22 hours ago, southernguy said:

Walked by there today at 10:00 am and was happy and relieved to see not many people there. Big difference when they were vaccinating the elderly, when the lines were endless. I have hope and am happy that the younger crowd is thinking twice about these vaccines.

Then these guys must be your heroes.   

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/florida-manatee-county-coronavirus-outbreak/index.html

14 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Wow, huge sample here.  One vaccinated person.  LOL

Appeal to emotion.

Not appealing to emotion at all. It's just good 'ole common sense... the kind that seems to be in incredibly short supply these days.

• Like 3

@Ferret The wrong side of science maybe so.

People talk about facts and what not, what I don't get is that there are several different vaccines given to different age groups Ive actually seen some scenarios where they have vaccinated people with two different vaccines, most of these vaccines are only 60-80% effective (according to the independent Pharma companies who make them) none of them had been thoroughly tested but they are now, by hundreds of thousands of people across the globe.

Common sense tells me that basically people getting vaccinated are the guinea pigs, I consider myself fortunate to live in a country where the shot is not mandatory, those who want to take it should do so, that's an individual choice.

I'm gonna sit in the bleachers and wait it out.

Without a doubt, there will be more variants, followed by new vaccines, but I'm sure that from the looks of things most people will become accustomed to getting vaccinated as needed.

• Sad 1

I don't mind you sitting in the bleachers as long as you don't ever infect anyone else. That, for me, is the kicker... to be an asymptomatic carrier and to unintentionally infect and/or kill someone else and/or a member of their family. In protecting yourself, you protect others. Yes, variants will evolve but they will more easily evolve in unvaccinated people. The buck stops with YOU doing your part.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Yes we are all guinea pigs but that is what humanity needs to get to a point where people are safe. Not many people are getting or dying from the vaccine and it is helping cutting back on severe cases so what is the problem with tha?

Without guinea pigs there are no advances. It is sad that som people think they live in a bublle and will do nothing to help .. Everyone can help and that selfish attitude is really sad . 

• Like 1