Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican Driver's License Written Exam

I searched for this information so I apologize if it's out there and I just wasn't able to find it.  I've gotten my appointment set up and all my documentation in order to apply for my Jalisco driver's license. I understand with a valid U.S. license, the "driving exam" is not required but a written/computer test is given asking 10 questions. I've printed both the English and Spanish versions of the 103 questions.

Has anyone taken the exam recently and if so, can I ask for the exam in English or do I need to focus my studies more on the Spanish version of the questions?

Many thanks, in advance, for your information. Wish me luck.  :)

Val

16 minutes ago, thevalerieleigh said:

I searched for this information so I apologize if it's out there and I just wasn't able to find it.  I've gotten my appointment set up and all my documentation in order to apply for my Jalisco driver's license. I understand with a valid U.S. license, the "driving exam" is not required but a written/computer test is given asking 10 questions. I've printed both the English and Spanish versions of the 103 questions.

Has anyone taken the exam recently and if so, can I ask for the exam in English or do I need to focus my studies more on the Spanish version of the questions?

Many thanks, in advance, for your information. Wish me luck.  :)

Val

I think you can see it in English or someone will help you. It is very simple. You can  pass it on your own. 

There are 10 multiple choice questions about signs. There are three choices in English. 

The correct answer to the sign with a line through the bus unloading passengers; is no bus stopping.

Edit: the study sheets I've seen do not show that sign. They also have a different word for the traffic circle (round about). Good luck Val!

Thanks Whipstock for that sign tip.  No, it is NOT on the study sheets I've been using.  I appreciate the help.

Salud!

Val  :)

On 6/15/2021 at 8:35 PM, thevalerieleigh said:

No, it is NOT on the study sheets I've been using.  I appreciate the help.

Salud!

Here are the sheets that were given to me when I got my Jalisco license and like its already been said, the only one that was on the test that's not on the sheet is a glorieta:

cheat sheet 1.jpg

cheat sheet 2.jpg

cheat sheet 3.jpg

cheat sheet 4.jpg

Ragtopman, I could have used you before I took my test, LOL!!! Amazingly, it was only 10 questions, ALL were road signs and 6 of the 10 were NOT on the "official" study sheet.  I learned 103 of the most insane/asinine laws, ever, LOL. But, that's OK.  Good to know. Clearly the road signs on the "official" page were obvious.  But.....there were several signs on the test today that I'd never seen before in the U.S., Europe, South nor Central America, LOL.  Fortunately, my best guess did work and I did pass and obtain my license.  I think this helpful sign diagram should be shared for ALL taking the driving test.

Saludos,

• Like 1