Chapala.com Webboard

Optician

Looking for a good optician for my Mexican neighbor as she has never had her eye sight tested (she is only 24 years old, but she seems to have trouble reading text on a computer screen). I was thinking of Dr Pinto, but from the looks of his business both outside and in, I would guess that he is no longer in business. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

No, he closed his Chapala office and retired to Guadalajara.

Isn't that the same as dying.

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Looking for a good optician for my Mexican neighbor as she has never had her eye sight tested (she is only 24 years old, but she seems to have trouble reading text on a computer screen). I was thinking of Dr Pinto, but from the looks of his business both outside and in, I would guess that he is no longer in business. Thanks.

Optician can't do what you want. You need to go to an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist for testing. An Optician makes or supervises the making of eye wear only.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

Optician can't do what you want. You need to go to an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist for testing. An Optician makes or supervises the making of eye wear only.

Thank you for the clarification, but I am sure you understand what I was looking for. Now that that has been clarified any chance anyone could recommend a good Optometrist. (Without checking, I am pretty sure that in French its called an opticien which is pretty similar to the word optician). ☺️

14 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Thank you for the clarification, but I am sure you understand what I was looking for. Now that that has been clarified any chance anyone could recommend a good Optometrist. (Without checking, I am pretty sure that in French its called an opticien which is pretty similar to the word optician). ☺️

Optician in French is Opticien and not what you are looking for. There are a zillion threads on here regarding Ophthalmologists and  Optometrists[only some] who are qualified to do the tests you are asking about including so very recently. IF it were my eyes I would go to an Ophthalmologist for total testing.

• Like 1

Someone was saying on Facebook that they found a good optometrist at Quality Care, beside the San Antonio Hospital but I don' t think that is true. I think they are referring to brand new optical clinic which is on the second floor of the same building as Quality Care. There is an elevator if you need it. For a simple eye test and prescription that should be enough. There is lots of parking there.

What a good thing you are doing. Cheers!

I think many lower income Mexicans use the optometrist who visit the Seguro Salud free clinic. I read today that Mexico has 52 million people living in poverty.

The eye center at Hidalgo 271.  333 403857 is a very well respected family  of mutligenerational ophthalmologists.  Claudia and her sister Paulina and their mother have been working on eyes for years. Claudia put a new lens in one of ny eyes. Very professional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2