Chapala.com Webboard

American Thanksgiving with MY DOG in PV

I know this is quite early to plan but last year was SO horrible as were most peoples. My Pandemic Pup (Yorkie) read that the Sheraton Buganvilias in PV accept dogs. I believe he now weighs 12 pounds. I cannot fly with him as he is over 10 pounds. ETN and the other bus line to PV will not let you carry them on and so he would go underneath....no way! I obviously do not have a car SO taxi is the answer if we book. I was quoted 6,000 Pesos one way by Taxi and was wondering if anyone is willing to share the cost if they would be going that way American Thanksgiving or wanting to share this adventure with their pup. My tentative dates are Nov. 22-26. I want fun and I want to have it with him! 

I just cut and pasted this from the Volaris website (cms.volaris.com/en/travel-info/optional-services/fly-with-your-pet/)

Take your best friend with you

If your pet and carrier weigh up to a maximum of 10 kg (22 lb) combined, you may take your pet on board. If your pet and carrier weigh up to a maximum of 45 kg (100 lb) combined, you will need to check in your pet.

For the safety of your pet, check the restrictions by breed before your trip.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, MtnMama said:

Check with the airlines. Unless it has changed recently, the weight limit is 20 pounds, not 10.

For me on Aeromexico the limit was 30 pounds.