Chapala.com Webboard

Post office Box to share

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

It goes to the top of the list of topics which is especially helpful if the topic gets onto page 2 or beyond.

What you say is correct but....  if one looks at my account they will see that I have '1 Warning Point'. Given in 2013 by Moderator-3 for..... BUMPING. 

Maybe things have changed or Moderator-3 was just having a bad hair day but......

I sometimes use Ishop's Laredo address to receive things like credit cards, etc.  I pay Ishop 60 p. for each piece, or about $3.  The poster is asking for $80 for 14 months or about $6 US per month and he specifies that it must be someone who gets little mail and no magazines.  Unless you receive more than 2 pieces of mail every month, I don't understand the advantage.  I also have a p.o. box in Chapala where I get things like Christmas cards, and only use Ishop for things like credit cards.    

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joanie said:

I sometimes use Ishop's Laredo address to receive things like credit cards, etc.  I pay Ishop 60 p. for each piece, or about $3.  The poster is asking for $80 for 14 months or about $6 US per month and he specifies that it must be someone who gets little mail and no magazines.  Unless you receive more than 2 pieces of mail every month, I don't understand the advantage.  I also have a p.o. box in Chapala where I get things like Christmas cards, and only use Ishop for things like credit cards.    

I'm in the group sharing that box. He is not "asking" $80.....    the price of that box, divided by 5 (members) is what it is. Invaluable for us for important government and bank mail. Also, some U.S. online buying sites will not allow your cc purchase unless the mailing address of your cc is also in the U.S. (Yes, I have had the experience).  So now my CC billing  address is Laredo, even though it's a Canadian card.

Reason for no magazines is (1) box is very small, and (2) over the years some people have really abused the "small amount of mail" rule.... and then left it there for days before picking it up, so really impacts us other users.